Wiki Posts
Search

MASSIVE Catering Changes.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2009, 5:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by BAg Lady
I believe if you ask for coffee or tea you get the cookies. Skybites are for people on the hard stuff
Ahh, I see, I can see the logic behind it. (I asked for water, being a boring git that I am.)
Old Sep 30, 2009, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
As BAg Lady states, the service guidelines that BA want us to adhere to with this new pathetic service is, if you have a cup of tea or coffee, you are given a biscuit, if you have a drink from the bar or a soft drink, you get given Birdseed. The problem being that they do not load a proper ratio of each. Usually, a hell of a lot more birdseed than biscuits, so you quite often are not able to do it, so just offer a choice, and when one is gone, it's gone...
Ahhh I see. I asked for water and was given an automatic biscuits (I was in the 2nd or 3rd row of ET so there were still lots left). I just HAD TO experience the joys of birdseed once so I got cheeky and asked the cabin crew to swap.

I think I'll go CE even for CDG in the future, because I could see trays up the front through the gap in the curtains. Hang on, is this the BA ploy to get people to pay for CE out of disgust of silly catering down the back?!

Joking aside, I certainly think there is a logic in going CE for CDG-LHR because there is no decent food offering at CDG 2A - and CX lounge pot noodles and people eating it noisily doesn't do it for me. At least at LHR, you can buy decent food as well as there being a half-decent food offering at lounges.

Oh, this would be so funny. I would love to see it... and in all honest, he probably has no idea what they are...
That wasn't my suggestion! It was Aus_Mal's. I have to do it myself though...
Old Sep 30, 2009, 5:53 am

Just to add... The crew are not happy giving them out... CDG has had Bird Seed for a while off peak, used to have a chicken wrap or cheese wrap, but all birdseed now.

Please continue to fill in negative feedback about all catering.
I didn't think the crew would have been too delighted either. But at least they don't have a choice (I do feel sorry for them for having to be the messenger / bird seed carrier).

I will definitely continue to fill in negative feedback when I get birdseeds again.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 7:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
As I always try and get my money's worth out of the currently dismal catering (getting harder and harder I know) - but I will usually ask for a coffee AND a drink from the bar.

Does that mean I can have a buscuit AND birdseed?
Old Sep 30, 2009, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by edi-traveller
Does that mean I can have a buscuit AND birdseed?
Nope... one OR the other... we are being catered to the bare minimum now... Before, the Turnaround Managers (Dispatchers) were happy to ask for additional catering if we were very near the mark, numbers wise, but now, all requests for additional catering are placed against their staff numbers and reviewed as to how much they order above the actual booked passenger load, so they are very reluctant to get anything more than what is booked.

By all means if there is anything left, then have what you want, but during the service it's self, only one item each. Sorry.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by squeeler
I know we have a few friendly stooges who publish menus for us here, but they are not always easy to find (Perhaps there should be a Stickie?). I have been caught out a couple of times in CE when they have served prawn and egg salad (it would not be pretty if I ate that). If the menu was available on MMB then I cold have ordered veggie or the like.
Also, with some of the horrid offerings in CW recently, I am never sure whether to fill up in the lounge or to wait for the on board meal.
So full disclosure BA - publish the menus please.
I think Dilly is working on this for BA.com ^
Old Sep 30, 2009, 9:29 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Nope... one OR the other... we are being catered to the bare minimum now... Before, the Turnaround Managers (Dispatchers) were happy to ask for additional catering if we were very near the mark, numbers wise, but now, all requests for additional catering are placed against their staff numbers and reviewed as to how much they order above the actual booked passenger load, so they are very reluctant to get anything more than what is booked.

By all means if there is anything left, then have what you want, but during the service it's self, only one item each. Sorry.
I had my first refusal last week when I asked for a bottle of red wine and a bottle of white wine in ET. Not been a problem in the past.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nbevan
I had my first refusal last week when I asked for a bottle of red wine and a bottle of white wine in ET.
Indeed... another thing that is requested, unofficially, one drink only... ridiculous.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Jenbel
Yes, I tend to reject the bird seed with a request 'can I have the cookie instead of the bird seed please?' when they try to give it to me with my can of coke.
At least it is real Coke (or Pepsi) that you are getting not something that they assure you tastes the same as them!

Last edited by Jimmie76; Sep 30, 2009 at 10:07 am
Old Sep 30, 2009, 10:14 am

I came to the conclusion that I'd rather see the fares go up £10-15 for LHR-CDG for ET but offered a sandwich instead of a packet of biscuits/birdseed.

I don't choose an airline for low fares. I choose on the basis of convenience etc. Birdseeds and biscuits make BA less convenient for me, because if I want a bite to eat, I have to get something beforehand.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Indeed... another thing that is requested, unofficially, one drink only... ridiculous.
Surely we are allowed a hot drink AND a drink from the bar and not either - I've never had a problem in the past.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 11:02 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I came to the conclusion that I'd rather see the fares go up £10-15 for LHR-CDG for ET but offered a sandwich instead of a packet of biscuits/birdseed.

I don't choose an airline for low fares. I choose on the basis of convenience etc. Birdseeds and biscuits make BA less convenient for me, because if I want a bite to eat, I have to get something beforehand.
+1
Old Sep 30, 2009, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia

We've been here before, but to clarify - BA does NOT set its fares in line with its costs. It sets its fares in line with the competition and what the market will accept.

One room of people in Waterside decide fares. One room of people in Waterside look at the cost base and try to reduce it. There is unlikely to be any contact between the two. If by some fluke 'fare level x pax numbers > costs' then BA makes a profit.

Saying fares should go up £2 to pay for a sandwich makes as little sense to BA as saying that you should pay less for flights on older planes which are fully depreciated, or that fares should drop if fuel costs fall.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edi-traveller
Surely we are allowed a hot drink AND a drink from the bar and not either - I've never had a problem in the past.
Yes... but god forbid you ask for 2 alcoholic drinks... soon they will be getting us to ration a single bottle of wine between two or something stupid like that...
Old Sep 30, 2009, 11:20 am

Yes... but god forbid you ask for 2 alcoholic drinks... soon they will be getting us to ration a single bottle of wine between two or something stupid like that...
Would 2 cans of beer be acceptable?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.