Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Issues...!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold GL
Seating Issues...!

I posted on here a while back re the problem of getting seats together, when I am a gold card holder, the other person is a blue card holder, the bookings are not linked, yet we are travelling on the same flight.

So I am off to JFK on Mon 13 April - first flight out - seems to be very quiet. I pick my seat and of course realised that my business partner can't pick his, so ring BA to get it sorted on Thu.

Gold card line v efficient - she asked to speak to him, said yes - not a problem, will send it to seating and should have a response in 24 hours, but shouldnt be a problem.

I call today (Sunday) and ask if it has been done - so 72 hours later... and was told "It is still with seating and if I chase it, it will pull it out of the queue so you will go back to the end of the queue."

We had a 10 min round the houses discussion about what if the seat has already gone by the time they get round to it. "Oh well - that might happen yes and nothing we can do about it" and "it's not our fault the bookings are not linked" etc etc.

Anyway - I was getting quite exasperated, when she said - "well you can speak to my manager..............."

30 seconds later.... "Hello, yes I see what the problem is - not a problem - I have sorted it for you - it has been done"

I didn't quite know what to say apart from "You're a star - thanks so much - although I don't quite know why it could not have been done earlier"

He replied "Oh I just went round the system!"

Thank heavens there are some sane people in BA - Horray.

I think I might write to "polishing gold"

R
Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by RJLondonGold
He replied "Oh I just went round the system!"
I just hope there's not a high lift waiting for your travelling companion at A10.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Hey xxxxx, what happens if an agent puts an SSR seat request in the PNR if the holder does not have *o Emerald or Sapphire? Does it get deleted by a robot? What if it is from a BA office ID?
Old Apr 5, 2009, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Hey xxxxx, what happens if an agent puts an SSR seat request in the PNR if the holder does not have *o Emerald or Sapphire? Does it get deleted by a robot? What if it is from a BA office ID?
When I have tried to do this the system just throws it back out.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 4:41 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
I have twice tried to call the "gold line" and asked them to seat my blue business partner next to me. The answer was always the same: "I've put in a request for you".

No follow-up, so I just gave up. Instead I convinced my business partner to do some TP-runs and get silver. So now we have nice seats on the upper deck LHR-LAX later in April.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
We use a short entry at BA to allocate seats which ultimately adds an SSR to the PNR, when we add this entry we get the response "Seat map not available, request seat at check in".

If we were to enter the SSR in full instead of the short entry, the seat request gets cancelled as soon as the booking is ended.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold GL
well - it seems to have worked - the seat next to me is blocked out now - hopefully for his use! We shall see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.