FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seating Issues...!
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:24 am
RJLondonGold

Programs: BA Gold GL
Seating Issues...!

I posted on here a while back re the problem of getting seats together, when I am a gold card holder, the other person is a blue card holder, the bookings are not linked, yet we are travelling on the same flight.

So I am off to JFK on Mon 13 April - first flight out - seems to be very quiet. I pick my seat and of course realised that my business partner can't pick his, so ring BA to get it sorted on Thu.

Gold card line v efficient - she asked to speak to him, said yes - not a problem, will send it to seating and should have a response in 24 hours, but shouldnt be a problem.

I call today (Sunday) and ask if it has been done - so 72 hours later... and was told "It is still with seating and if I chase it, it will pull it out of the queue so you will go back to the end of the queue."

We had a 10 min round the houses discussion about what if the seat has already gone by the time they get round to it. "Oh well - that might happen yes and nothing we can do about it" and "it's not our fault the bookings are not linked" etc etc.

Anyway - I was getting quite exasperated, when she said - "well you can speak to my manager..............."

30 seconds later.... "Hello, yes I see what the problem is - not a problem - I have sorted it for you - it has been done"

I didn't quite know what to say apart from "You're a star - thanks so much - although I don't quite know why it could not have been done earlier"

He replied "Oh I just went round the system!"

Thank heavens there are some sane people in BA - Horray.

I think I might write to "polishing gold"

R