Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009 Summer Timetable Changes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2008, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA MP Premier, SPG Gold, BA Silver wanabee
Originally Posted by r22r44bell47
It does, but even that seems weird. It is my regular route - 8 or 10 times a year - and rarely do there seem to be that many empty seats in CW when there are 2 flights a day. I've never suffered the back of the plane, but there always seem to be a suitably large number of people waiting to go down there at the gate. F is admittedly fairly sparsely populated - always easy to get a redemption and when I'm upgraded (which happens not infrequently and suggests lack of capacity somewhere lower down the food chain) I can usually change my seat if I want to. And freight is meant to be very lucrative on this route too. Doesn't seem to make sense.
Maybe BA might start a codeshare (or a JSA) with JAL ? Stranger things have been known to happen between same airline alliance partners...
Old Nov 13, 2008, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I thnk this simply continues the existing situation from the latter part of northern winter 2008/9, which is already seeing LHR-NRT reduced from 2x to 1x daily.
I may have read it wrong - but wasn't the northern winter solution a mix of operating either the BA005/6 or the BA007/8 (presumably to keep the slots)

Is this not now confirmation that the BA007/8 will be totally axed and the BA005/6 will remain?

Old Nov 13, 2008, 5:22 am

Programs: BA LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Scillybear
I may have read it wrong - but wasn't the northern winter solution a mix of operating either the BA005/6 or the BA007/8 (presumably to keep the slots)

Is this not now confirmation that the BA007/8 will be totally axed and the BA005/6 will remain?

That's how I read it too. They are still (for the moment) switching between the early and late slots up to March, then it is 005/6 only.

I wouldn't mind so much if the timing wasn't so bad I hate arriving in Tokyo at 09.00 (not being one to rush into the office, I want to go to a hotel room which are not always available that early) and getting back out to Narita for an 11.00 departure means getting up before the day is properly aired, and usually after a heavy night on the sake to boot!
Old Nov 13, 2008, 6:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by Skipcool3
This is more bad news on the Gatwick front..... so we will no longer have flights to ZRH, GVA, DUB, or TLS; the NQY flights are not being re-started, and neither is Dresden. This comes on top of the other frequency cuts and reductions (i.e NCE, BOD etc) Anybody know how many shorthaul aircraft BA plan to have at LGW next year?

Personally i think that we will soon see an order for new a/c for the cityflyer operation, E series i expect, a mix of 170 and 190 series. Would it really be that much of a surprise to see a larger order than is needed to cover LCY operations and to see some of the smaller yield UK and Europe routes from LGW being operated on the E series under the branding of Cityflyer again ?
Old Nov 13, 2008, 8:44 am

Programs: LH Senator, AF Platinum, CX Gold, AA Gold, BA, QF, EK, KE
Originally Posted by jiml1126
I checked BA inventories in addition to the timetable on Amadeus. BA hosts Amadeus GDS.
Quite the opposite, in fact. Amadeus hosts BA.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 3:03 pm

On Tokyo, the Japanese have agreed to allow UK airlines to use Haneda once the 4th runway opens in 2010. Pretty sure we'll move.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.