Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009 Summer Timetable Changes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2008, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jplondon
Are these changes already on ba.com? I checked for one destination and it does not seem to be the case.

Interesting increase AMS-JFK to daily, and am quite pleased with the destinations that get increase from LGW.
I checked BA inventories in addition to the timetable on Amadeus. BA hosts Amadeus GDS.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 1:00 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by Catusa
Do you know if the TLS-LHR from TLS-LGW is a permanent change? I hope so!
Me too! I hate driving past T5 on my way to LGW!
Old Nov 8, 2008, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by bizgeez
Dubai aka the new Benidorm?
Sad, but true, I'm afraid. Having first visited there over 20 years ago and spent most of 90-97 working there the place has lost its character and soul.

Sure there are more hotels, more shops, wider roads, but the traffic is actually worse these days. The place has become just another concrete jungle - and is swarming with all sorts of unsavoury characters. I just hope AUH doesn't go the same way. I used to love DXB; now I don't stay any longer than I absolutely have to.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Marwanie
London Heathrow - Tokyo (2* to 1 Daily)

Surprised at this one..
I thnk this simply continues the existing situation from the latter part of northern winter 2008/9, which is already seeing LHR-NRT reduced from 2x to 1x daily.

Last edited by Globaliser; Nov 8, 2008 at 10:58 am
Old Nov 8, 2008, 10:48 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by KenJohn
Naw - no sex in public on the beach allowed.
Also limited venues to be a larger lout as most of the bars are more up-market.
And still pretty expensive to get there.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Nov 8, 2008, 11:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Sad, but true, I'm afraid. Having first visited there over 20 years ago and spent most of 90-97 working there the place has lost its character and soul.

Sure there are more hotels, more shops, wider roads, but the traffic is actually worse these days. The place has become just another concrete jungle - and is swarming with all sorts of unsavoury characters. I just hope AUH doesn't go the same way. I used to love DXB; now I don't stay any longer than I absolutely have to.
I have to agree. I first went to DXB at least 20 years ago when BCAL stopped there on the way to HKG. I stayed at the Jebel Ali which, at the time, was one of the best hotels there. We also took a trip out to Hatta Fort in the desert. I really enjoyed it.

However, these days it's become a Middle Eastern Benidorm with the ugly concrete built up feel, vast shopping centres, etc. Although the Arabic charm can still be found it's much more hidden than it used to be.

And without wishing to sound unkind (though I appreciate it will), it's become a haven for Wags and Chavs. Sorry. Unfortunately this is one of the uglier aspects of package holidays - it often attracts a cheaper market. Parts of Brazil are going the same way.

Wouldn't go there any more if you paid me.

Last edited by sunrisegirl; Nov 8, 2008 at 11:13 am
Old Nov 8, 2008, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
And without wishing to sound unkind (though I appreciate it probably will), it's become a haven for Wags and Chavs. Sorry. Unfortunately this is one of the uglier aspects of package holidays - it often attracts a cheaper market. Parts of Brazil are going the same way.
Can't say I've noticed this, although I may be the type of person you consider a chav You see far more of what I consider chavs in New York/Florida.

It's different from Benidorm in that you cannot go from bar-bar without getting a taxi. So, you don't get big groups roaming around making a nuisance of themselves.

To get back on-topic - Just looking for a weekend over Valentines weekend, and it's showing 4 flights a day to Dubai.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Nov 8, 2008, 11:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Can't say I've noticed this, although I may be the type of person you consider a chav You see far more of what I consider chavs in New York/Florida.
Cheers,
Rick
Rick - I would never dare call you a chav! xx As for them being in New York/Florida - that's one of the reasons I stay as far away from the Orlando area as possible

Hope you find something for Valentines Day
Old Nov 8, 2008, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Prem, LH Blue, Thai Gold ,KLM Ivory, Priority Club Plat, HiltonH Gold, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by Skipcool3
This is more bad news on the Gatwick front..... so we will no longer have flights to ZRH, GVA, DUB, or TLS; the NQY flights are not being re-started, and neither is Dresden. This comes on top of the other frequency cuts and reductions (i.e NCE, BOD etc) Anybody know how many shorthaul aircraft BA plan to have at LGW next year?
What is the point of LGW? It is shabby, poor and unprofessionl security staff etc etc. I can't see BA having a presnce there long term from what I hear.....
Old Nov 9, 2008, 7:11 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Although mentioned in the LGW reductions, The LGW-EDI early morning has gone, as has the 18.30 EDI-LGW.
This is RUBBISH and means no longer possible for a day trip, as the 09.10 is invariably delayed (Even on time, you don't get in to EDI much before 11.00 am)and the only evening flight now is at the crazy time of 21.00.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 11:14 am

Programs: Priority Club Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, formerly BA Gold, formerly KLM silver
Originally Posted by Skipcool3
Although mentioned in the LGW reductions, The LGW-EDI early morning has gone, as has the 18.30 EDI-LGW.
This is RUBBISH and means no longer possible for a day trip, as the 09.10 is invariably delayed (Even on time, you don't get in to EDI much before 11.00 am)and the only evening flight now is at the crazy time of 21.00.
I wonder if they're deliberately trying to drive away the remaining business travellers at LGW.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by traveller42
I wonder if they're deliberately trying to drive away the remaining business travellers at LGW.
Hallelujah. We welcome the Londoners to the real world!

Cheers,
Rick
Old Nov 9, 2008, 5:16 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
!

Maybe 'Heathrow Airways' is more apt?!

I like LGW North Terminal, and find the crews based there to be generally friendly. I think it's a shame the way things are going at BA, and I still think that the sooner Willy Wonker (or another surname beginning with W and ending in ker) departs, the better.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 3:18 am

Programs: BAEC, Blue for now.
Ahh well with the reduction of the CE Cabin to 2+2 and the reduction of routes at LGW it might not be possible for me to get Silver next year, I've quite enjoyed my CE Flying this year on the I/R class deals.

And I was thinking of moving to Chamonix for the summer as well, so LGW GVA would have been my monthly commute back.

Still it must have been having some effect on LHR Loads having such low Yielding premium fares from another LON airport.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I thnk this simply continues the existing situation from the latter part of northern winter 2008/9, which is already seeing LHR-NRT reduced from 2x to 1x daily.
It does, but even that seems weird. It is my regular route - 8 or 10 times a year - and rarely do there seem to be that many empty seats in CW when there are 2 flights a day. I've never suffered the back of the plane, but there always seem to be a suitably large number of people waiting to go down there at the gate. F is admittedly fairly sparsely populated - always easy to get a redemption and when I'm upgraded (which happens not infrequently and suggests lack of capacity somewhere lower down the food chain) I can usually change my seat if I want to. And freight is meant to be very lucrative on this route too. Doesn't seem to make sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.