Wiki Posts
Search

Buckingham Palace Charters....

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2008, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by LeisureFirst
As a Parliamentary Statute, everyone in the UK is bound by the Official Secrets Act, signature or otherwise. Therefore the legal effect of signing it is a lot weaker than is popularly believed. However, I presume it is thought a good way to hammer home the seriousness of breaking it to those who might be in a position to; as well as weakening any defence to any prosecution, dismissal from employment or similar.
There is at least one part of the Official Secrets Act that only binds you if you have been "notified" that you are subject to its provisions, namely section 1(1). Some people who are asked to "sign the Official Secrets Act" will probably be acknowledging in writing the fact that they have been so notified and that this part of the Act now binds them, even though it did not bind them before they were so notified.

For everyone, "signing the Official Secrets Act" also provides the government with a written document that will help to disprove any subsequent attempt by the person to run a defence that they did not know that they would be working with documents or information which are protected by the Act.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 11:28 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by Tits McGhee
As I understand it, this practice has all but ended. Now the aircraft flies in usual config but with one or two minor changes to emergency equipment and soft furnishings.
Seats which aren't broken perhaps

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.