Wiki Posts
Search

Refund of tax and charges

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2008, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
Refund of tax and charges

I need to cancel an I class booking due to a medical problem.

I will need to put in a claim to my Plat Amex for a refund. The fare was £1610 + £392 tax and charges. Will BA refund the full £392 less the £30 admin fee, which will mean I just need to claim the fare amount?

thanks.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 4:39 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by irmster
I need to cancel an I class booking due to a medical problem.

I will need to put in a claim to my Plat Amex for a refund. The fare was £1610 + £392 tax and charges. Will BA refund the full £392 less the £30 admin fee, which will mean I just need to claim the fare amount?

thanks.

Yep this is correct.

I am in the process of doing this at the moment with AXA (Amex Plat) and it is a balls ache.

You need to claim the total fare less what they refund you. You will aslo need a fax or letter from the BA refunds department.

Be aware that you also have to have a letter from your GP even if you have not seen him about this condition. If your GP charges a fee to complete these froms AXA will not let you claim these.
I have been fighting them for 3 months now on a claim.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by CT-UK
I am in the process of doing this at the moment with AXA (Amex Plat) and it is a balls ache.
This is a timely reminder that the reality of Amex Platinum Travel Insurance is a little divorced from all the sales hype about how marvellous it is. Still, that would be by no means unique in the world of insurance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.