Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

T5 public short stay car park closed on first day.... and for first week

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2008, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Gold Passport, Tesco clubcard!

I have read on www.pprune.com that the T5 public short stay car park (the massive one in front of the bulding that blocks the view!) will NOT be open on the first day to anyone meeting / greeting and travellers.

Also that it may not be open for the first week... anyone wish to confirm this.... Did everyone know about this....

Not sure how true this may be but someone might know....

Apparently, valet parking will be open but not normal parking.....

Passengers are being advised to park in T3 public car park and get the heathrow express across. This applies to arriving and departing passengers.....

Surely this will cause even more congestion in the central area, reduce the amount of current parking spaces available and cause mass confusion on what to do and where to go....

Anyone know any more?
Old Mar 23, 2008, 7:33 pm

Programs: BA silver, VS, Jet, Carlson gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by lhrworker
I have read on www.pprune.com that the T5 public short stay car park (the massive one in front of the bulding that blocks the view!) will NOT be open on the first day to anyone meeting / greeting and travellers.

Also that it may not be open for the first week... anyone wish to confirm this.... Did everyone know about this....
The BAA website is still currently taking bookings for the T5 short stay car park for both the first day and the first week, so I don't think it's 'official' as such yet.

The terminals passenger drop-off and pick-up points are actually all contained within the separate car park building itself, with the access to the terminal via walkways, so it is hard to imagine how they could operate the terminal without the car park building.

Last edited by abfab; Mar 23, 2008 at 7:41 pm
Old Mar 24, 2008, 1:09 am

Programs: MUCCI Diamante- that's all that matters
Smile

Originally Posted by lhrworker

Not sure how true this may be but someone might know....

Apparently, valet parking will be open but not normal parking.....

Passengers are being advised to park in T3 public car park and get the heathrow express across. This applies to arriving and departing passengers.....

Surely this will cause even more congestion in the central area, reduce the amount of current parking spaces available and cause mass confusion on what to do and where to go....

Anyone know any more?
the BAA 25 charge system for dropping passengers is not ready yet. number reading cameras have not arrived

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.