Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

First BA B757 G-BPEK kitted out with winglets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2008, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, United Mileage Plus & bmi Diamond Club

http://www.airliners.net/uf/view.fil...=php43cr5l.jpg

Is due for the repaint into Open Skies colour scheme on Tuesday.

Looks good doesn't it.
Old Mar 22, 2008, 1:58 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Now forgive me if I am wrong but isn't it the G-BPEx series that have the olive flecked interior wall panels - the effect not unlike vomit spatter. I'm not entirely sure if this will marry well with the beige upholstery.
Old Mar 22, 2008, 2:15 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8120/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

Originally Posted by Prospero
Now forgive me if I am wrong but isn't it the G-BPEx series that have the olive flecked interior wall panels - the effect not unlike vomit spatter. I'm not entirely sure if this will marry well with the beige upholstery.
Old Mar 22, 2008, 3:29 pm

I believe that you are correct Prospero although I had always rather assumed that this hue of speckling was a post-production effect of rapid evacuation of birdseed ex-EDI, rather than the work of a SEA-based interior-designer.

Having said that, frequent reports that the DME 76s are suffering from rapant MRSA (Multiple Repairs Sadly Absent) would suggest that there are quite a number of areas of the fleet in need of the Ann Maurice treatment.

Perhaps the Open Skies beige upholstery has been Dulux-Matched to the J Fish Pie/Clear Air Turbulence Combo? They know the colours that go.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, United Mileage Plus & bmi Diamond Club
Originally Posted by continentalclub
I believe that you are correct Prospero although I had always rather assumed that this hue of speckling was a post-production effect of rapid evacuation of birdseed ex-EDI, rather than the work of a SEA-based interior-designer.

Having said that, frequent reports that the DME 76s are suffering from rapant MRSA (Multiple Repairs Sadly Absent) would suggest that there are quite a number of areas of the fleet in need of the Ann Maurice treatment.

Perhaps the Open Skies beige upholstery has been Dulux-Matched to the J Fish Pie/Clear Air Turbulence Combo? They know the colours that go.
This is a cabin view of G-BPED which if you squint does show evidence of birdseed vomit splatter effect. The Open Skies website gives no evidence of what the walls will be like. Suggest Willie Walsh gets the walls stripped & replaced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.