Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long does it take from LHR T5 to T1?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2008, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Iberia plus plata, TAP miles&go
How long does it take from LHR T5 to T1?

I had a question how long does it usually take to get from T5 to T1 by airside bus transfer?Also when i arrive in first but i am connecting to a european flight in C class which lounge will i be able to use?

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 21, 2008, 12:22 pm

Given that nobody has actually done it as T5 doesn't open until Thursday you might be waiting a while for an answer.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 12:26 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The time I recall seeing was 40 min T5 to T1 airside bus (plus add 5-10 min waiting time)....so it really will take an hour. There is only 1 lounge to use at T1 after T5 opens, so your choice is easy -- the J (Terraces) lounge. The T1 F lounge closes the day T5 opens, and arrivals are segregated so you cannot reach the T5 departure lounges unless you have a boarding pass for a T5 departure.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA-Gold
Wink

Originally Posted by Panic Stations
Given that nobody has actually done it as T5 doesn't open until Thursday you might be waiting a while for an answer.
Not that it helps you, I have actually done a T5 to T1 airside bus transfer. The return flight a few weeks ago from Warsaw parked at T5 as all T1 parking was full due to wind. Took over an hour for a bus to turn up, who then got lost driving to terminal 1 and had to turn around! I remember thinking everything will be better with Terminal 5.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by SlyFly
.... everything will be better with Terminal 5.
Keep chanting the mantra and it will be so!
Old Mar 21, 2008, 4:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by Panic Stations
Indeed and more worrying is how I am going to get back to my car which was parked at a car park serving Terminal 1,2 and 3. Not 4 and certainly no mention of T5. Yet I depart from Terminal 1.

Will I really have to go on the HEX to T1 then wait for a bus from there to the car park?

( I really hope I don't especially after a 10 hour flight, with of course no arrivals lounge for me to shower or anything in before as well as I arrive after 12 noon when it will be shut - icing on the cake that really )
Old Mar 23, 2008, 1:53 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by flyclub

( I really hope I don't especially after a 10 hour flight, with of course no arrivals lounge for me to shower or anything in before as well as I arrive after 12 noon when it will be shut - icing on the cake that really )
apols, i havent had chance to read through full T5 post but do arrivals lounge close at noon then? i arrive on Friday 28th at 14.55 from LAX and was wondering whether i'd be able to use the arrivals lounge.

also, whilst on lounges, are there long-haul and short-haul areas? i.e. i am flying to CDG on Sunday 30th from T5. can i use the F lounge or does it have to be the north galleries lounge intended for CE pax? i am then flying back to LAX in CW 2 weeks later so will be able to sample the F lounge but just wondering.

thanks.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 3:40 am

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by chris1979
apols, i havent had chance to read through full T5 post but do arrivals lounge close at noon then? i arrive on Friday 28th at 14.55 from LAX and was wondering whether i'd be able to use the arrivals lounge.

also, whilst on lounges, are there long-haul and short-haul areas? i.e. i am flying to CDG on Sunday 30th from T5. can i use the F lounge or does it have to be the north galleries lounge intended for CE pax? i am then flying back to LAX in CW 2 weeks later so will be able to sample the F lounge but just wondering.

thanks.
No you won't be able to use the arrivals lounge, and you will be able to use the F lounge when you fly to CDG. There are no departure lounges that are restricted to short/long-haul pax.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.