Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA are definately watching this forum and acting on comments!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA are definately watching this forum and acting on comments!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, Hilton Gold
Good on BA agent

I have to say I'm impressed the agent went to the trouble of making a personal appearance to make the apology -- rather than sending a generic email, or some such.

When customer service is good, pax comment and are happy!!

Dave
Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:31 am

Very, Very Impressed

This isn't a BA thing at all. It's one of many people like him/her who are imaginative, professional, appreciative of their ability to help and passionate about what they do. Whilst this might be the first time his/her actions have spawned a thread on FT, I bet he/she has been doing this kind of stuff for years. And, quietly, without fanfare, for many more to come.

So, 11/10 from me and, I hope, an invitation to a Garden Party. Or something. ^
Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:49 am

Trust me - there are a lot of BA people watching this forum, some in elevated positions. I don't think you would find Willie Walsh a frequent lurker, or contributor, but I fully expect our management team bring to his attention any points of which they feel he should be aware. (I know for a fact the CEO of Continental is alerted to snippets fron the CO part of the FT forum!)
Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bealine
Trust me - there are a lot of BA people watching this forum, some in elevated positions. I don't think you would find Willie Walsh a frequent lurker, or contributor, but I fully expect our management team bring to his attention any points of which they feel he should be aware.
Oh well, that's PUCCI's days at BA numbered then.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 12:07 pm

No way!

Pucci is well-respected!
Old Jan 15, 2008, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, Hilton Gold
FT, Airlines, and the Numbers

Yes, CO has an "official" voice on FT. You'll find mention of it in the sticky. Why? As he points out -- free focus group. And lets face it, it is. Why pay a pollster when you have people who fly frequently and will answer (loudly sometimes) for free? It is good business sense. It also is a free way to respond to customers questions/concerns/whyfore.

And, as I believe he said in a magazine article about CO presence in forums/web groups/etc, "They know our programs better than we do."

I would hope BA would take advantage of all the free advise they get here -- or at least listen, even if they don't "establish" an official presence. You never know where the next good idea will be from.

Dave
Old Jan 15, 2008, 1:27 pm

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by Davescj
I would hope BA would take advantage of all the free advise they get here -- or at least listen, even if they don't "establish" an official presence. You never know where the next good idea will be from.
BA are certainly aware of FT, and have also run what I assumed to be an experimental private discussion group for a short period in which they ellicited opinions on parts of their operation.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 1:29 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
even if they don't "establish" an official presence.
There already is an official presence here, i.e. Lyndsay (BA Executive Club). And she also introduced Dilly as the official "tech support" presence.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 1:37 pm
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Yes, CO has an "official" voice on FT. You'll find mention of it in the sticky.
Dave
AC do as well, both Andrew Yiu and Ben Smith (who is a VP of AC) post using their real names on the AC forum of FT.

In the summer of 2005 these two flew into London from YUL specifically to meet around 10 of us UK based E and SE tier members who regularly posted on Flyertalk. Plus their European H/O Operations and a VP of their Aeroplan FF scheme attended from YUL as well.

We spent a morning exchanging views on AC's service, possible improvements we thought would benefit us and they also informed us of their plans and sought feedback.

Left me feeling most impressed ^
Old Jan 15, 2008, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by AJLondon
There already is an official presence here, i.e. Lyndsay (BA Executive Club). And she also introduced Dilly as the official "tech support" presence.

And BA Nick is around too isn't he?
Old Jan 15, 2008, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by BOH
In the summer of 2005 these two flew into London from YUL
Did their SSWU certs clear and was there enough "I" availability?
Old Jan 15, 2008, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
And BA Nick is around too isn't he?
Indeed.

However, I don't remember if he is here "officially" thru Lyndsay...
Old Jan 15, 2008, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Indeed.

However, I don't remember if he is here "officially" thru Lyndsay...
No, not through Lyndsay, he joined to help with the seating issues when the new policy came in, as per How to tell BA about ba.com seating errors
Old Jan 15, 2008, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by moonbeam
Scary that we cannot remain anonymous on here!

But ^ to BA
Some of us never thought there was particular need to be anonymous
Old Jan 15, 2008, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
No, not through Lyndsay, he joined to help with the seating issues when the new policy came in, as per How to tell BA about ba.com seating errors
But hey, what a great way to sort the problems, turn around a bad situation and make happy some of your toughest customers -- all with out dropping a hundred grand on some consultant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.