Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA are definately watching this forum and acting on comments!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA are definately watching this forum and acting on comments!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:13 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
BA's apology may have been impressive, but the fact of the matter is that it is nearly impossible to get an 'appointment' in the Elemis Spa for a massage, even though the quality of the 'massage', and the time necessary to do it, is far inferior to the former M B treatments. In fact, even with several hours to spare, it is sometimes impossible to get a simple shower.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:38 am

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
I've only tried to use it once and I walked in and had my back massage lilterally within minutes. So I think the experience varies widely depending on time of day and day of the week.

The masseuse explained to me that they now have shortened the duration of treatments to fit more in an hour(up from 2 to 3). The number of people giving treatments has remained the same so overall capacity seems to have increased by 50%. I'm sure though that there will always be times when demand will exceed supply.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:49 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Did their SSWU certs clear and was there enough "I" availability?
Ah, you have remembered my favourite subject with flying on AC. Many of us have tried to come up with a complex formula to predict "I" class availability based on these variables:

a) a/c type - hence # of J seats on the a/c
b) day of the week
c) time of flight
d) route
e) # of days before the flight
f) current mood of the route controller when assessing "I" class release (variable from 0 to 1)

I believe you are an economist AJ, could you have a stab at a reliable prediction formula for me?

.....and the same formula could no doubt apply to MFU on BA too

Last edited by BOH; Jan 17, 2008 at 6:04 am
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:58 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
*puts on Massage therapists hat*

Depending on how they've been taught and more importantly how they work to commercial pressures, its possible to shrink down a massage quite easily, depending on pressure and intensity

For those who really want to know for a full body my times were:
20 minutes upper (mostly upper) and lower back, shoulders
15-20 minutes legs (Calf's are normally where I spend too much time)
10 minutes arms and hands
5-10 minutes front and shoulders

IMO... 30 minutes is a bit excessive on the back, but perfectly acceptable if you're adding in changing time into the treatment.

(and before anyone else asks, especially HIDDY, as well as being an IT Geek Extrodinare and a Photographer, I'm also a qualified massage therapist! - So )
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:59 am

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
Originally Posted by Davescj
And, as I believe he said in a magazine article about CO presence in forums/web groups/etc, "They know our programs better than we do."
Overheard in a T4 lounge from the BA Head of Marketing something along the lines of "there is an internet group called flyertalk and they know more about the airline than we do". BA do know that we exist, but they do not use us very well as a resource. We also know who they are, we just don't admit it!

As for LGW vs LHR, well Pucci has moved from LGW to LHR and FNPMS has moved to LHR too so this old tart anticipates invol downgrades from Sunrisegirl on all ex LGWs from now on. Hang on, I don't fly Club much from LGW so it will be shifted to middle seats down the back for "operational reasons" I guess.

Pucci is well within her fatigue life yet so stop calling her an old tart. It takes one to know one, so I should know!

Last edited by spotwelder; Jan 17, 2008 at 6:06 am
Old Jan 24, 2008, 6:33 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
If BA really are watching this board can they please please replace the sand paper that they call toilet paper on the planes with something decent!
At the very minimum have something decent in the premium cabins.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 2:01 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
If BA really are watching this board can they please please replace the sand paper that they call toilet paper on the planes with something decent!
At the very minimum have something decent in the premium cabins.
Why don't you use the kleenex tissues? That's what I do.

Whilst we are on such a pretty topic - does anyone remember those super dying cloths we used to have at BCAL. Looked a bit like JCloths only very soft and very efficient. Any ideas where to get them?
Old Jan 25, 2008, 3:55 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Whilst we are on such a pretty topic - does anyone remember those super dying cloths we used to have at BCAL. Looked a bit like JCloths only very soft and very efficient. Any ideas where to get them?
It isn't a good sign that I might know the answer but if anyone might be able to help - Nisbets might.

Are these them?

http://www.nisbets.co.uk/products/pr...=&ShopByBrand=

http://www.nisbets.co.uk/products/Pr...GroupCode=1818

or the full list:

http://www.nisbets.co.uk/products/pr...GroupCode=S162

Oh dear - I've given the game away!
Old Jan 25, 2008, 4:38 am

Programs: Mucci of the Dominion of Maple and Moose; Keeper of Sir MightyMoose; BAEC Silver; AC MileagePlus
*From Maloumbeau the MightyMoose*

The mere thought of someone 'very handsome' in smart BA uniform coming up to have a private word sends Cap70 all atwitter... He hasn't made any real complaints yet - nor has he had cause to so far - but I'll make sure he does if/when things go wrong. He most def. could benefit from a bit of a thrill like that!

He's also a bit shocked Dr. Pucci would be so ignominiously referred to as an 'old tart'! Where is the due respect for the Grande Dame of the Carts?!

As for privacy concerns of our identity - that's a moot point for a 1200-lb moose! The more ppl know about me and come up to pet me the better!!

We did have a very nice treatment at the Spa in Dec - the availability was not bad at all, and the timing fit perfectly post-longhaul shower before the next leg of the journey. We've got pix to prove that too (could someone show us how to post and link pics on here please?).^

On another pass-thru tho we weren't so lucky. It was booked solid for 3 hours. From the previous conversation with the very nice and pretty massage therapist (hmmmm!:-: ) it seemed that early and late mornings, and late pm's are the busiest times. We'll try our luck again in June.

Cheers!

Maloumbeau

All Hail Dr. Pucci!^:-:
Old Jan 25, 2008, 5:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You can get them in the Co-Op next time you're in for your underwear.^
Old Jan 25, 2008, 5:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)

I think I remember those rather lovely cloths, but I hadn't realised they were all dead!! And, no sorry I have no idea where to get them.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 5:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
I think I remember those rather lovely cloths, but I hadn't realised they were all dead!! And, no sorry I have no idea where to get them.
I have a vision now of the grand dame PUCCI in her pinny and marigolds - time for a cold shower I think
Old Jan 25, 2008, 6:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
I have a vision now of the grand dame PUCCI in her pinny and marigolds -
She has a char comes in three days a week for those menial tasks - so she says.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 6:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by HIDDY
She has a char comes in three days a week for those menial tasks - so she says.

Quiet! It's my vision
Old Jan 25, 2008, 6:46 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
I'm really sorry but when I think of the germs and what goes on in the lavs, I'd rather clench my sphincter until landing, transfer to a gorgeous suite and then attend to nature. Just remember to hit the do not disturb button first as you wouldn't wish to be disturbed by your butler offering an unpacking service.

No if I have to use the lavatory, I will only do so in a standing position. And to think people in Y take home those horrid socks they hand out.

I do hear that ANA will be installing Toto washlets in their new snoozeliners, if they ever take to the air. I would like to commend their crew who always get on their hands and knees to polish the floor of the F ablutions after a passeneger visits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.