Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA are definately watching this forum and acting on comments!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2008, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold GL

So - I was left speechless this morning, in what could only be described as the best apology I have ever had from any company in a record time. So much so, I felt I had to write it here!

This morning just after 8am I posted a comment on here about the Elemis Spa - saying that I couldnt get an appointment even with 2.5hrs to go before the flight.

That was it - rant over, and off I went for my bacon baguette and glass of champagne.

Then I walked down to the flight to SFO, got on plane, walked upstairs, sat in seat.....

About 5 mins later a very good looking BA guy (who I thought initially was cabin crew, but was actually in Customer Service I think - I didnt catch the full title on the badge) came over to me, with a winning smile and said:

HIM: Excuse me, were you on the Brussels flight this morning
ME: Er yes (thinking - oh god where is my luggage)
HIM: It's just that we noticed you made a complaint about the Elemis Spa
ME: Did I? Oh yes well I did....
HIM: ...Yes we noticed you posted it online, and I just wanted to come up to apologise for you not being able to get a treatment and to explain why.
ME: (didnt say anything - too gobsmacked)
HIM: Well unfortunately we had one therapist ill today and there have been issues training up the therapists and also they are getting ready for T5 - so they have been stretched a little
ME: (Still gobsmacked) - right
HIM: Well, sorry it didnt work out today, but I hope you have a good flight and thanks for flying with us - (or something like that)
ME: (still in shock) - thank you for letting me know
HIM: You're welcome

And off he went and got off the plane.

I'm sure it took a bit of working out - I only put which flights I was on in my initial post, I think its amazing and a brilliant bit of customer service to actually take the time to do that and you know something, it made my journey knowing that someone listened and tried to sort it out. (it doesnt take much!)

Anyway the rest of the flight - no issues.... IFE worked with no problems, food was good, service was great and the cabin crew were excellent. We were even on time and my bags were first off.

So - well done BA and whoever that guy was that came to apologise, I would just like to say thank you and Im sorry I didnt get your name, but you are a credit to BA.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
If this is who I am guessing it is, I'm not surprised...he is a total :-:. No matter who it was, very impressive and a nice touch ^
Old Jan 14, 2008, 5:06 pm

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Seems very odd that they would go to such lengths to respond to a (fairly anonymous) complaint made online.. But, if it is actually the case, well done BA - I hope they are making the most of what is a very valuable source of customer opinion! ^

I certainly wouldn't expect that from my regular sardine tinner AFKL
Old Jan 14, 2008, 5:31 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Yes, well done them. If you give enough info they can use the data to locate you.

I had something to suggest recently with BD and they got me very quickly because of the unusual nature of the issue. Not that I was unwilling to tell them my details in that case - the anonymity now is only when posting between fellow FTers, as my cards are now marked!!
Old Jan 14, 2008, 5:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
While I think it is very surprising (and a bit worrying), they manage to pin-point you and track you down.

This is one of the ad-hoc examples where your faith in BA and its staff is restored. Thanks for sharing this.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
WW!!
Old Jan 14, 2008, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Fraser
WW!!
What I was thinking too...

Lots of credit to the person/s behind the personal apology - he sounds like a great ambassador for BA ^

Boo
Old Jan 14, 2008, 5:56 pm

Programs: BA Blue
And how exactly did they know it was you?
Old Jan 14, 2008, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold GL
Well I have no idea. The only thought I had was that I was the only transfer pax between BRU and SFO that morning - as that was the only thing I had put in my original post. So I guess they figured it from that.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 6:13 pm

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
I think I can guess who it was too.... or at least who arranged the visit
Even though I posted more or less the same experience on the thread, I don't think I will be getting a personal visit somehow - I'm a bit far from LHR at the moment

Shame all moans/rants/comments/complaints (* delete as applicable) aren't handled in a more personal way... it only takes such a small thing like that to make you think they actually DO give a rats a$$ about your custom.

Gold :-: to that person
Old Jan 14, 2008, 6:34 pm
Suspended

a little scary though, "Excuse me sir, Mr. Walsh noticed from your postings, you are unhappy with his management of LGW, think he is abandoning Australia, has cut back on the catering in F and doesn't love Pucci as much as you. If you would come with me, we have offloaded your bags and voided your Gold card. Cheerio"
Old Jan 14, 2008, 7:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
a little scary though, "Excuse me sir, Mr. Walsh noticed from your postings, you are unhappy with his management of LGW, think he is abandoning Australia, has cut back on the catering in F and doesn't love Pucci as much as you. If you would come with me, we have offloaded your bags and voided your Gold card. Cheerio"

+ We are also closely monitoring your fellow FT posters who keep moaning about the BA service as well and they may receive similar treatment.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
HIDDY... subtle breathing/panting- no moaning--might get one farther qué gauchada! (pls don't substitute any letters...only argentinians will get that one)

I can say that some customer-focused staff is definitely on FT... it's a nice,um, touch :-)

Last edited by bostontraveler; Jan 14, 2008 at 8:09 pm
Old Jan 15, 2008, 2:12 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
a little scary though, "Excuse me sir, Mr. Walsh noticed from your postings, and doesn't love Pucci as much as you."

Now that does scare me. Maybe Willie Walsh has been here all the time mascarding as HIDDY. It is known for royalty to dress in old rags and hang around bus stations in order to hear what the vox populi has to say - so why not Willie Wombat. I, Pucci, have had a ghost flirting with me!!

It is still scary that WW now knows all about Phil the Flier and me. At least Him Indoors is safely locked out of Cyberland by Password protect
Old Jan 15, 2008, 2:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RJLondonGold
Well I have no idea. The only thought I had was that I was the only transfer pax between BRU and SFO that morning - as that was the only thing I had put in my original post. So I guess they figured it from that.
Are your initials RJ - that may be a give away too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.