Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2012, 12:22 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Why does ba.com sometimes not allow online date changes or cancellations to award tickets? I have booked several AA flights and sometimes I am allowed to do these online and sometimes I get an error message. Is it because the flight timings change/ I am too close to the departure date ( just tried to cancel one for this sat and could not) or something else?

Frequently it will be governed by the complexity of the ticket / booking.

An out and back in the same class, usually no problem.
But if you have: Multileg, open jaw, mixed class going on inside the booking it is sometimes too complicated for the system to work out. [Given there could easily be 4 or more sets of fares rules coming into play in the booking, etc.]
Or anything else that makes it more complicated, stop overs, etc, etc.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by David-A
Frequently it will be governed by the complexity of the ticket / booking.

An out and back in the same class, usually no problem.
But if you have: Multileg, open jaw, mixed class going on inside the booking it is sometimes too complicated for the system to work out. [Given there could easily be 4 or more sets of fares rules coming into play in the booking, etc.]
Or anything else that makes it more complicated, stop overs, etc, etc.
Pretty simple booking. Non-stop one-way from dfw-rdu
Old Apr 9, 2012, 2:45 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Pretty simple booking. Non-stop one-way from dfw-rdu
Ah, I was talking about just BA metal bookings. Couldn't comment about partner flights. You did mention AA in your original post, but I missed it.
Is this revenue or redemption?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by David-A
Ah, I was talking about just BA metal bookings. Couldn't comment about partner flights. You did mention AA in your original post, but I missed it.
Is this revenue or redemption?
Awards.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 3:29 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
In MMB for my s/h flight tomorrow it says:

Originally Posted by ba.com

British Airways provides a comprehensive selection of films as well as TV and audio channels
Are they talking about the different angles and zooms of the moving map?
Old Apr 10, 2012, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Search for award availability on 1 January 2013 for a route/class on which there is no availability on that date.

The calendar appears (as expected) showing 1 January on Tuesday (correct for 2013) - but the month is wrongly described as "January 2012".
Old Apr 13, 2012, 3:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
"The web site can only accept bookings up to 355 days in advance."

...except that I'm trying to check availability on a redemption LHR-GRU 1 March 2013 - 15 March 2013 (in F, though it doesn't appear to matter), which I'm fairly certain is less than 355 days away.

Looks similar to this old report:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...edemption.html
Old Apr 13, 2012, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by dark_horse
...except that I'm trying to check availability on a redemption LHR-GRU 1 March 2013 - 15 March 2013
I wonder if it's because of this: If there's no availability on your return date of 15 March 2013, ba.com may be trying to show you a calendar for the four weeks beginning 15 March 2013. However, that calendar includes some of April 2013, including dates which are definitely outside the 355 day period - hence the error.

So I also wonder whether you might get more joy if you search for availability for 1 March 2013 outbound and 2 March 2013 inbound, and then use the go forward link on the inbound flight to get to 15 March 2013 or thereabouts.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
Could be but (damn my tired brain), I forgot to mention that I was getting many more results last night. Something seems to be different from 12 hours ago.

(That's partly why I'm so tired: excitement about booking a trip causing lack of sleep! )

Edit: No, ignore me. Never mind...

Did exactly what you said, Globaliser, and then loads of options came up - some stretching into April. Which may have been what I did last night.

Clearly wasn't having a great day yesterday either, having started an unnecessary thread to boot! I'll get me coat...
Old Apr 13, 2012, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, loads more and YOLO
Why can't I go into the family household account (which I set up) and change preferences for each person and see the mileage accumulated? And do children get upgraded to Bronze, Silver, Gold etc?
Old Apr 13, 2012, 2:57 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by AtoB
Why can't I go into the family household account (which I set up) and change preferences for each person and see the mileage accumulated? And do children get upgraded to Bronze, Silver, Gold etc?
The answer to the last question is yes.

When you log in as you (hh account owner) you'll see your points and the total for the household. Each individual in the account will have their own login and you have to go in on their own login to change their preferences and see their individual points balances.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by BAHumbug
It's perfectly clear to me; I just don't see the point of your post. Which is what I originally said.

Constructive criticism is helpful. Whinging is not. @:-)

BAH
Well I don't just "whine" as you so accuse. I've had numerous problems with the BA website in the past and they continue. Have tried for 3 days to book award space on AA. Despite AA showing plenty of award space on the flight I wanted, BA's website showed none- in fact none on any date or even on alternate routes. Finally called BA today and the res agent said she showed no award seats either and she checked other dates other routes. She said there is a CONSTANT and longtime problem with BA's res. system and AA award seats. Fortunately she was very persistent and tried a few tricks, one of which finally worked. It took almost 45 minutes. She was wonderful and I am sending a complimentary letter to her manager in JAX.

Plenty of people on this forum have complained about this issue. But BA's so-called IT professionals appear unwilling or unable to fix it.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 7:37 pm

Programs: DL FO, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
KWL (Guilin, China) is not available as a destination for booking with Avios online. KA will fly there as of May 2012 from HKG.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 7:21 am

Nowhere to add API information.

My wife is travelling Berlin-LHR in June. There is nowhere on BA.com to supply her API. How do we do this? I'm travelling Paris LHR on the same day, and BA.com prompted me to supply the info at time of booking. My booking has an option to change the API info. Why doesn't hers? All help gratefully received
Old Apr 15, 2012, 7:39 am

I booked a BA award flight with BA miles. Now I want to switch the frequent flyer number to my AA one, where I have higher status and it would allow me to choose seats for free. Can this be done online?

Edit: Never mind, this is resolved now.

Last edited by koroleon; Apr 15, 2012 at 10:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.