Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Very Mini "Between Christmas and New Year" FT Do 2: London 27th December 2007

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Very Mini "Between Christmas and New Year" FT Do 2: London 27th December 2007

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2007, 10:23 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
Originally Posted by flyclub
This sounds a very good idea - perhaps the perfect way to start the afternoon drinkies?
Here Here, but make sure we get some booths rather than the corridor like bar. They can section off part of it for us.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by VC10 Boy
Here Here, but make sure we get some booths rather than the corridor like bar. They can section off part of it for us.
Sounds even better! This might be a more acceptable idea as well before the main groups turn up for the 'proper' 'Do' later. Besides I have heard that Beer drinkers don't like drinking in the daytime as it makes them tired. No such problems with Champagne of course.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Sounds good guys - I had assumed that the champagne bar was "railside" i.e. after security, but if not then it's a great idea. ^
Old Nov 21, 2007, 6:13 pm

Programs: BA, UA
Originally Posted by James S
...and very cold, being in a cavernous old railway station (just assuming, haven't been there yet)
It can get pretty cold in there, although they do have heated seats.

Arrive at St Pancras that morning after Christmas with the family up north. NOT happy that "East Midlands Trains" are now denying lounge entry for First Class advance ticket holders! [/rant]

Not to mention abandoning the free tea and coffee..

Old Nov 24, 2007, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
--------

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; Nov 24, 2007 at 3:27 pm Reason: Duplication.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
[QUOTE=chris18london;8771132]It can get pretty cold in there, although they do have heated seats[/URL]. /QUOTE]

Anyone been there yet- not to travel, but to try the cold champagne and warm seats?
Old Nov 24, 2007, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=TravellerFrequently;8782756]
Originally Posted by chris18london
It can get pretty cold in there, although they do have heated seats[/URL]. /QUOTE]

Anyone been there yet- not to travel, but to try the cold champagne and warm seats?
Twice now. It's coat cold rather than scarf, coat and gloves cold. The 'poo selection is nice but pretty pricey (nice to see Ruinart Blanc des Blancs on the list). Can't speak for the seats as it has been standing room only both times.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Well I arrive into St. Pancras at 11.57am or thereabouts from Sheffield.

I'll be on the razz by 12 so I really hope there'll be no repeat of the last Do as I'm starting even earlier this time .

As for the champoo bar, give me a shout when you're heading to a more suitable establishment; somewhere sophisticated that sells cheap beer, like Wetherspoons .

Last edited by Boddingtons; Nov 25, 2007 at 5:38 am
Old Dec 10, 2007, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Time for a little bump I think...
Old Dec 10, 2007, 5:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Hello - due to a scheduling commitment, I will have to attend for the afternoon bit only (is that still the plan?)
Old Dec 10, 2007, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Hello - due to a scheduling commitment, I will have to attend for the afternoon bit only (is that still the plan?)
Well the idea was an evening Do, as this is a work day, but last year a number of people were available earlier in the afternoon and made a start. If you can commit to an earlier time, then we could try to gather like-minded and able folk there as a prelude to the after-work celebrations kicking off.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 6:51 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
I'm due into LCY at 10:45.

Will pop into the office first and walk round the corridors to be seen and then leave for the Do at noon. Only plan to stay till early evening though
Old Dec 18, 2007, 2:08 am
KRS

Night at the Hoxton

I have a (GBP1) reservation at the Hoxton hotel on December 26 that I won't be able to use, and that I can "give away" if any out-of-towners (or others) are interested. Use at your own risk obviously, but others have reported being able to use other peoples reservations without problems.

PM if interested.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 5:11 am

Programs: BA, BD, AF, LH, AA, EK, Hilton, ICHG, SPG
Unfortunately, I need to drop out of this. As many of you know, I'm not travelling at the moment due to a very serious illness within the family.

Have fun and I'll see you all some time in the New Year.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 2:29 am
Original Poster

As I've said privately, very sorry to hear about this Steady-EDI.

I think the Do details need a bit of firming up, so I'd like to confirm the Champagne bar at St Pancras as the initial meet-up point. I went for a quick reccy the other lunchtime and the setting is tremendous. However it is effectively outside, so remember warm clothes.

The official kick-off time is 5:30pm, but I know some people have indicated they will be there earlier. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it until after 5pm. Can anyone who is going to be there earlier let me know if they wouldn't mind being a cheerleader with an ETA so that I can advise anyone else thinking about turning up early about it?

We'll start off in the Champagne bar and then look to move on. The area surrounding St Pancras is not so great, so I was thinking about hopping on the tube and heading down one stop to Angel where there are plenty of nice restaurants and bars etc. Does anyone have any further ideas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.