Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Ultimate Guide Feedback thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2007, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Updated guide posted

The Ultimate Guide thread has been refreshed - leave your feedback below for the next version
Old Feb 1, 2008, 10:04 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass, lots of old plastic claiming to be precious metal
Minor editorial changes

Hi guys, Thanks for all your efforts on our behalf. I've noticed a couple of minor points that might be worth updating.

In post #15 (oneworld / Franchises / Airline Partners), there is a link to the BA website:
Earning Miles and Tier Points on oneworld and Partner Airlines

Earning miles and Tier Points on partner and oneworld airlines isnt as simple as on BA flights. In fact, depending on what fare class youre booked into, and what cabin youre in, it can be quite complicated. Rather than explain the n number of possibilities, well link to the table on ba.com that does a pretty good job of listing all the possibilities.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...e/public/en_gb
Unfortunately, that link now only gives the miles earning possibilities on non-OW airline partners (& hence TPs don't come into it).

The mileage calculator: http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_gb is great for miles and TPs on BA & the OW partners.

That leads to my second point:
In post #10 (Tiers & Tier Points), the guide says:

Earning Tier Points on one-way BA Flights

Below is a table that shows how many points youll earn for a single segment flight that has a BA flight number:
I hadn't noticed, as was just pointed out in the OneWorld forum, that 'a BA flight number' includes codeshares. In particular, the TPs (& miles) awarded for a longhaul flight booked under a BA codeshare are usually significantly more generous than those given for the same flight booked under the operating OW partner's code. (e.g. MEL-AKL, Club, 120 TPs & 2456 miles as BA, 40 TPs & 2053 miles as QF.) Although there can be through booking restrictions on the use of the BA codes, which seem to be shown in the OW online timetable, IMHO it would be worth mentioning this in the Guide.
Old May 21, 2008, 9:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LHM&M Silver
Baggage

Hello.

Thanks for the guide, it's made my life imeasurably easier over the years!

To the point though. Given the idustry's focus on cost cutting and the recent moves by many airlines and security to muck about with baggage, would it be worth adding a baggage section? There are interesting tidbits to know such as that the BA offer of 75GBP (I will find the Pound key on this Aussie keyboard eventually) for an extra 35KG (at least until that is cut to 20 in the near future).

I may have a little time in available in the near future and would be happy to contribute if it's thought a reasonable idea.

Also. This:
2. If checking in for a BA flight where you are connecting to any oneworld member flight (including another BA flight) on separate tickets (e.g. CDG-LHR on a BA ticket, LHR-ORD on an AA ticket) then BA will still check the bags through for you.
didn't apply when I flew out on a BA ticket LHR-SYD with a follow on SYD-MEL flight on QF. You have to clear customs in SYD before you're allowed to continue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.