FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Ultimate Guide Feedback thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 1, 2008, 10:04 am
satprof

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass, lots of old plastic claiming to be precious metal
Minor editorial changes

Hi guys, Thanks for all your efforts on our behalf. I've noticed a couple of minor points that might be worth updating.

In post #15 (oneworld / Franchises / Airline Partners), there is a link to the BA website:
Earning Miles and Tier Points on oneworld and Partner Airlines

Earning miles and Tier Points on partner and oneworld airlines isn’t as simple as on BA flights. In fact, depending on what fare class you’re booked into, and what cabin you’re in, it can be quite complicated. Rather than explain the “n” number of possibilities, we’ll link to the table on ba.com that does a pretty good job of listing all the possibilities.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...e/public/en_gb
Unfortunately, that link now only gives the miles earning possibilities on non-OW airline partners (& hence TPs don't come into it).

The mileage calculator: http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_gb is great for miles and TPs on BA & the OW partners.

That leads to my second point:
In post #10 (Tiers & Tier Points), the guide says:

Earning Tier Points on one-way BA Flights

Below is a table that shows how many points you’ll earn for a single segment flight that has a BA flight number:
I hadn't noticed, as was just pointed out in the OneWorld forum, that 'a BA flight number' includes codeshares. In particular, the TPs (& miles) awarded for a longhaul flight booked under a BA codeshare are usually significantly more generous than those given for the same flight booked under the operating OW partner's code. (e.g. MEL-AKL, Club, 120 TPs & 2456 miles as BA, 40 TPs & 2053 miles as QF.) Although there can be through booking restrictions on the use of the BA codes, which seem to be shown in the OW online timetable, IMHO it would be worth mentioning this in the Guide.