Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club World Guide

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2006, 2:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum
Another Update:

Our new Club World Aircraft, returned to LHR this afternoo as the BA268 from LAX.

It then promptly left LHR again, again as the BA25 to Hong Kong.

Cheers
Old Dec 13, 2006, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, assuming I haven't fallen out totally with BA by then, time to move January's trip to the 25/26. I wonder how many more planes will have been converted by then..if any?
Old Dec 13, 2006, 2:47 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BAW217
Another Update:

Our new Club World Aircraft, returned to LHR this afternoo as the BA268 from LAX.

It then promptly left LHR again, again as the BA25 to Hong Kong.

Cheers
Thanks again BAW217. I have updated the OP and pencilled in BA026 on tomorrow's HKG to LHR run.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 4:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR & BAEC Lifetime Gold, VS Red, EK Blue, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Gold, Marriot Silver
G-BNLN did indeed come back as the BA26 from HKG which landed at LHR at 5.10am this morning - and I was lucky enough to be on it in NNNCW. As I boarded the CSD said "Enjoy the new seats!"

Have to say that I was a little bit disappointed after all the hype...

The bed itself is longer and softer. I actually didnt find it that much wider... I was in a window seat on the upper deck and still found myself hanging over the edge next to the window storage boxes - and I am not a big-build!

There is a storage drawer but I didnt use as I had the window storage...

Found the footrest difficult to use...didnt seemm to do as was advertised on the display! But that may have been me!!

Gone are the overhead reading lights - they have been replaced by a rather puny lamp above the shoulder...minimialist in both light emission and size!

AVOD - was OK - it worked - but I was rather disappointed by the choices it had on it. Too "BBC" for my liking... Cathay's AVOD still streets ahead for choice in my view...maybe BA will eventually expand the choice as CX did.

The electronic screen worked OK, but if the electronics pack up as they invariably do, I'd rather not have to look at the person next to me for the 13+hrs as last nights flight was!

I can see the white/cream panels getting very dirty quickly...its fine at the moment when its new...I really dont think it'll wear very well though.

Shame about one of the crew members on the UD tonight - a really miserable bugger - but that doesnt have anything to do with the new seats!!!

Last edited by JumboJim; Dec 15, 2006 at 7:35 am
Old Dec 15, 2006, 4:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by JumboJim
G-BNLN did indeed come back as the BA26 from HKG which landed at LHR at 5.10am this morning - and I was lucky enough to be on it in NNNCW. As I boarded the CSD said "Enjoy the new seats!"

Have to say that I was a little bit disappointed after all the hype...

The bed itself is longer and softer. I actually didnt find it that much wider... I was in a window seat on the upper deck and still found myself hanging over the edge next to the window storage boxes - and I am not a big-build!

There is a storage drawer but I didnt use as I had the window storage...

Found the footrest difficult to use...didnt seemm to do as was advertised on the display! But that may have been me!!

Gone are the overhead reading lights - they have been replaced by a rather puny lamp above the shoulder...minimialist in both light emission and size!

AVOD - was OK - it worked - but I was rather disappointed by the choices it had on it. Too "BBC" for my liking... Cathay's AVOD still streets ahead for choice in my view...maybe BA will eventually expand the choice as CX did.

The electronic screen worked OK, but if the electronics pack up as they invariably do, I'd rather not have to look at the person next to me for the 13+hrs as last nights flight was!

I can see the white/cream panels getting very dirty quickly...its fine at the moment when its new...I really dont think it'll wear very well though.

Shame about one of the crew members on the UD tonight - a really miserable bugger - but that doesnt have anything to do with the new seats!!!
At last! A FTer flies in NNNCW!

I agree about the choice of colour - I tend to avoid all like colours when picking a car interior as well. For example, even though the Lemon yellow leather upholstery looked nice on a 3series the dealer showed me when I was ordering my car, I still went for black as I know I'd only get upset/paranoid of it marking and looking cr*p over time.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 7:10 am

Programs: Mucci Grandee (Upgraded), BA Silver, AZ MilleMiglia
Was the AVOD choice effectively the same selection of films on the existing channels, plus possibly the FIRST video selection as well?
Old Dec 15, 2006, 7:25 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR & BAEC Lifetime Gold, VS Red, EK Blue, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Gold, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by BAAZ
Was the AVOD choice effectively the same selection of films on the existing channels, plus possibly the FIRST video selection as well?
Effectively yes although not the First video library... all of the programmes from the short programming channels on the 18 channel system were there. Having seen the First video Library last week I dont think that there was one of those movies included...

Most of the films were there, minus Something's Gotta Give - which I was planning to watch on the way back, plus a load of films from specific directors or a specific era. In total there were 25 films to choose from.

CD's included a range of things from but none of which appealed to me. There were also 8 radio channels from the old system - things like Comedy, Opera, Live Music etc.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Although an improvement 25 movies is not that great for AVOD.

On Virgin for example the vpot AVOD system has 50+ movies and 50+ CD's to choose from.

I will reserve judgement until I fly as the quality of BA movies may be better than VS's!

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 15, 2006, 11:45 am

Programs: Mucci Grandee (Upgraded), BA Silver, AZ MilleMiglia
I'm sure they'll put more movies on as time goes by. Perhaps by adding each month's movies without removing the ones already there. (Any idea what the capacity of this sort of system is? Disk space is very cheap nowadays.)
Old Dec 15, 2006, 3:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum
G-BNLN update:

Arrived back in LHR this morning, as the BA26.

Then Left LHR as the BA269 to LAX.

Anyone see a pattern? <g>

Cheers
Old Dec 15, 2006, 4:47 pm

Programs: F
Given that only one active FTer has managed to fly on this plane so far in J suggests that only about 0.1% of BA J pax are active FTers.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 4:12 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Update: BA025 Dec 16 arrival through to BA268 Dec 19 arrival into LHR.

Caveat: Info gleaned from airliners web site - I am confident the info is credible as source appears to be very knowledgeable and well respected in that community.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 4:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by redshift27
Given that only one active FTer has managed to fly on this plane so far in J suggests that only about 0.1% of BA J pax are active FTers.
Remember there is only one plane, which seems to be doing particular routes... You can't make the kind of statistical generalisation you suggest from that data point!
Old Dec 17, 2006, 5:10 am

Programs: F
Originally Posted by Jenbel
Remember there is only one plane, which seems to be doing particular routes... You can't make the kind of statistical generalisation you suggest from that data point!
Of course I can! And like any statistic it is likely to be complete b*ll*x.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 5:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Sorry - you are of course right. You shouldn't make that kind of inference from that data. And statistics are only rubbish if people make and accept as correct those kind of inferences

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.