Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club World Guide

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2007, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Fabulous - makes such a difference seeing it installed in an actual aircraft. The Beige doesn't look quite as light as I thought it would be.

Although I'll miss the photo on the bulkhead wall of 64K I rather liked that.

Food looks identical.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Ok, you've got two options:

Flyertalk version with clickable, expandable thumbnails:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=642412

Airliners.net version with embedded photos:
http://www.airliners.net/discussions...ad.main/92176/

Hope it lives up to the hype!

Last edited by Fraser; Jan 2, 2007 at 10:51 pm
Old Jan 3, 2007, 12:35 am
27R

Programs: Programmes. Please!
Excellent report, Fraser! What a shame that a few weeks into service, your seat already wasn't working properly.

Chester is the city that doesn't host the Three Choirs festival.......
Old Jan 3, 2007, 3:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
As I said on the TR forum Fraser, many thanks for doing this wonderful report! ^
Old Jan 3, 2007, 5:46 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR & BAEC Lifetime Gold, VS Red, EK Blue, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Gold, Marriot Silver
Interesting you said the main part of the seat wouldnt go fully flat...I had exactly the same experience - and I was also in 64K! And actually at one point it seems to slip and the bed jolted down...

Shame about the AVOD - I didnt have that problem on my flight but I hope they get those glitches fixed before rolling out to the rest of the fleet.

Glad you also felt that the furnishings would get marked easily...lets see how Lima November fares over the next couple of months...
Old Jan 3, 2007, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by JumboJim
Glad you also felt that the furnishings would get marked easily...lets see how Lima November fares over the next couple of months...
I haven’t experienced it yet, but I must say that from some angles like in the photo Fraser took of the UD from the back, it doesn’t look anywhere near as smart as the current CW.
Looked a bit like an open space office with partitions to me.
But then I might be very wrong.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 6:18 am
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by clubman
I haven’t experienced it yet, but I must say that from some angles like in the photo Fraser took of the UD from the back, it doesn’t look anywhere near as smart as the current CW.
Looked a bit like an open space office with partitions to me.
But then I might be very wrong.
What clubman said .......

I am really not so sure about the layout, specifically when travelling with the wife - doesn't seem as easy to interact with her as with the current layout .... When travelling alone, it does look better for privacy however ....

Will have to wait (hopefully!!) until Paddys Day to JFK in March to check it out !!
Old Jan 3, 2007, 6:41 am

Programs: BA GGL
Hello there sorry to hear that you got gliches with the new seat..... will be flying tomorrow Jan 4 HKG-LHR on BA 26... does anybody know if I might get lucky and get this famous aircraft ? and Happy New Year to everyone
Old Jan 3, 2007, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JumboJim
Interesting you said the main part of the seat wouldnt go fully flat...I had exactly the same experience - and I was also in 64K! And actually at one point it seems to slip and the bed jolted down...

Shame about the AVOD - I didnt have that problem on my flight but I hope they get those glitches fixed before rolling out to the rest of the fleet.

Maybe this is why they haven't dusked any more aircraft yet. They may want a month or two of service out of G-BNLN to test the product for obvious failings before rolling it out to the rest of the fleet. This would be a remarkable and commendable (and rare!) display of common sense on BA's part.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Hi
Well I have a a couple of trips for my summer holidays LGW<>DFW and LAX<>LHR, I hope by the end of June that they have a few more aircraft updated and that we have the chance too experience it all.

Oh the joys of BA, this is the nice part I like about BA

regards
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:56 pm

Thanks Fraser - excellent report, as always.

It seems strange that nearly 5 weeks after Lima November appearing with NGCW there are no others yet. At this rate, the process will take even longer than last time.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 5:21 pm

Programs: BA Blue forever!
Thanks, Frasier, for the fantastic report. But I do wish that you had let that woman take a photo of you and your wife so we could all see you. I don't even walk past your kid poster anymore as we Californians have been moved to T-1. We were in seats 63A and 63B LHR-LAX last August and although those weren't the new seats I really got to "relive" the flight by reading your report and seeing those great pictures. By the way, the CSD didn't chat with us either, even though the cabin had only about 6 seats filled. But the service was wonderful-with water every half hour.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 11:02 am

Hi all, in Torquay at the moment staying with friend and seeing two others who are here staying as well.

Anyway, I did have the new club world as expected after seeing on here thanks to prospero before my flight that it would be the one. (Was on BA292 after Fraser's 293).

Arrived at the airport knowing I'd have G-BNLN. While in the lounge I mentioned it to two other men who were then looking forward to it. Was talking to this guy from Belfast while waiting to board. We got on and it was there and I was very happy. Went to my upper deck seat, 62A and was glad I chose the UD as it was great and 62A was like 14A that I had last year only better because of the UD.

The cabin looked very nice, though this little panel was hanging off (on the side wall) and I had to stick it back on so it snapped in place. No big deal but thought it was odd. The seat was comfy to sit in and gave it a test.

Positives:
-cabin is nice looking. I prefer it to the old one though that could be to it being new.
-comfy seat and the extra width at the upper body was helpful for being able to lie flat without my shoulders getting squished. However, I wasn't really able to get much sleep due to lack of being tired (took a sleeping pill to help me fall asleep but I dont think it really helped...probably dosed off for a bit but felt like I was tossing and turning all night. At most slept for 2 hours. The flight was VERY VERY bumpy and a friend of mine who I met up with in London and flew home from BOS the same night also said her flight was bumpy.
-very nice IFE, it wasn't turned on until an hour into the flight well it was at first but no AVOD just screen was on and then went off until they put it back on. I looked through the options and it was a good selection and looked and felt good. Only problems were the responsiveness of doing fast forward/reverse. Can't see it being too easy to do.
-they got rid of the overhead lights which last flight annoyed me because being in 14A, the guy next to me had his light on yet it was practically my light and annoyed me as Iw anted to sleep. The new light on the side is nice.

Negatives:
-So now that there is a club kitchen, there is no "pre sleep snack" served on board due to it being a sleeper service flight. (no more menus given out either which was a bummer...curious if Fraser got a menu on his flight). I had a meal in the lounge but 2-3 hours later was a bit hungry. So I went to the kitchen after we were in the air only to be told that no food for the kitchen was loaded at IAD! At first I thought she said no food at all and was like Went back upstairs and the FA offered me a sandwich which was just average. Wish the kitchen was up. So I thought that was a downside and wonder what others will think about not having a precap snack and instead having the kitchen.
-Unfortunately the seat is still short at 6'0 only 5'8 is really usable unless your head is at the very back. And I noticed the very top bit wasn't fully flat.
-Like Fraser noticed, the footstool was very flimsy. When returning to my seat from the toilet, and put some weight on it, it collapsed! The old ones were definitely more sturdy.
-The new tray table is great with the exception that when unfolded the side furthest from the panel is flimsy and felt like it'd fall if it had something on it.

Was talking to the guy next to me, who is a gold BAEC member and travels alot for biz. He hadnt heard of the new biz class and I was telling him about it and FT. He said it wasnt nearly as good as Singapore or Virgin and he thought BA fell short of them though he did like it. Anyway good strategy talk with him about BA.

Can't think of anything else. Will post pictures hwen I return home. Hopefully on 293 with new seats as well as I'd like to try it on a day flight. I'm sure they are very different experiences.

Oh and I asked the cabin crew member who said that 4-5 planes had the new seats! ^

Take care and hope that helps!
Old Jan 4, 2007, 2:40 pm

Programs: BA, UA
Originally Posted by terpfan101
Oh and I asked the cabin crew member who said that 4-5 planes had the new seats! ^
I'm going to see if I can find out which others are done (if true) and which are next - my other half's dad is a BA engineer for the 744s - I'll see what I can find.

Are they being refitted in Cardiff or LHR east?
Old Jan 4, 2007, 2:50 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Very interesting to hear the reports from both Fraser and Terpfan...thanks for the detailed trip reports!

Our family of three is booked in CW later this year on BA8 NRT-LHR and i've just checked MMB and noticed that it is currently showing the lower deck in the low J NGCW configuration of rows 17-20 only (8 seats across as usual...and yes, i triple checked that i have fully scrolled the MMB sidebar to make sure i haven't accidentally missed rows 12-14). So assuming no aircraft changes until then (and this is months away mind you!) we'll have a chance to see WTP in front of NGCW although i'm sure some of you will experience this before us. So the low J of 38 will become 52. Our outbound to HKG is showing as the normal high J of 70.

Last edited by bpk6h; Jan 4, 2007 at 3:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.