Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club World Guide

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2006, 3:41 am

Programs: Mucci Grandee (Upgraded), BA Silver, AZ MilleMiglia
Originally Posted by BUFman
Well, they did not exchange the screens, which means that the screens are still small and quite murky in terms of contrast. I think they always had touchscreens , though with the new system you really got to use them to navigate through what's available. It seems that they basically put in a server that streams the data and reads the controls from the handset and touchscreen. Compared to the LH C-class and TG AVOD systems, which sometimes seemed to behave slightly different from what I have expected, the BA AVOD was easy and straightforward to use without the need for any "how to?" guide. Despite this they had an extra AVOD support lady on board to help people with a system but I did not see her actually helping anyone--maybe there were only techies in WTP that day and she helped technophobic F and J pax the whole time?
I wonder if they will keep the screens clean? Or will they be covered in fingerprints after a few months?
Old Dec 12, 2006, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by terpfan101
And interesting when you think about the fact that the screens could all of the sudden become touch screens.
The bigger screens always have been touch screens. I have 'educated' numerous seat partners looking over my shoulder/the CW divide as I've tapped away to alter brightness/volume or navigated the pop-up menu....
Old Dec 12, 2006, 4:11 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by BAAZ
I wonder if they will keep the screens clean? Or will they be covered in fingerprints after a few months?
If memory serves the screen themselves seems to be covered with hardened plastic flush with the case itself, unlike LCD screens on Laptop computers for example. So I imagine they can just be wiped clean with a napkin if needed.

( It is a pet hate of mine in meetings when showing things on screen - people touching my laptop screen....Argh! )
Old Dec 12, 2006, 4:36 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by flyclub
( It is a pet hate of mine in meetings when showing things on screen - people touching my laptop screen....Argh! )
Sounds to me like you need to borrow G-BOAC's prod
Old Dec 12, 2006, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StevieJ
YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Thanks for that, most insightful.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 8:10 am

Programs: BA gold, VS gold, miles and miles elite,
Originally Posted by terpfan101
BUFman, how full was CW? Did you consider doing an onboard upgrade?
Was completely full, at least in rear CW cabin which leads me to believe that upstairs and in the front were full as well. Do onboard upgrades really work?
Old Dec 12, 2006, 10:33 am

Programs: IB Silver, AA Gold (Soon Plat), AF Gold
Hello there guys, torrow im flying on BA from jnb-lhr then lhr-jfk, any body know if it is coming down to JNB tonight or there is a chance I could catch her (first flight) to JFK tomorrow?

Im an optamist. I have a sneaky feeling she is currently in Hong Kong?

Cheers
Old Dec 12, 2006, 10:57 am
SLF

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by Gooner505
Hello there guys, torrow im flying on BA from jnb-lhr then lhr-jfk, any body know if it is coming down to JNB tonight or there is a chance I could catch her (first flight) to JFK tomorrow?
Yes, there is a chance it will be one of your flights. I'll let you know tomorrow.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by StevieJ
YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

I DIDN'T vote for Jenbel........
How to upset the BA board FTers and Sheep all in one. Well done
Old Dec 12, 2006, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum
G-BNLN Update:

Arrived this Morning as the BA26 from HKG.

Departed LHR this afternoon as the BA269 to LAX.

Cheers
Old Dec 12, 2006, 12:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
no luck for gooner then....
Old Dec 12, 2006, 12:10 pm

I am flying LAX>LHR next Friday in CW....might be a chance I get it!
Old Dec 12, 2006, 1:41 pm

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
This thread is funny. It's like people chasing the horizon! That 747 will always be just over the rainbow: so close, yet so far.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer
This thread is funny. It's like people chasing the horizon! That 747 will always be just over the rainbow: so close, yet so far.
Ah, but there only was and will ever be one true way of chasing the horizon with British Airways, and she's sadly missed
Old Dec 12, 2006, 3:04 pm

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Originally Posted by BA97
Ah, but there only was and will ever be one true way of chasing the horizon with British Airways, and she's sadly missed
Don't remind me - I miss the rocket

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.