Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

According to BA - no seats are held back on U/D for Gold's...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

According to BA - no seats are held back on U/D for Gold's...

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2006, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GOLD HH GOLD
Angry According to BA - no seats are held back on U/D for Gold's...

Sorry, this another seat thread....
Ages ago while still a Silver member I booked flight back from the US for next October in J (for 2 of us)
I couldn't get any Upper Deck seats and was told all pre allocated seats have now gone.

Now as Gold I was hoping seat availability would open up but nothing.
I called them up and after checking they told me again that the only get a small number of allocated seats, and the fact that I am Gold makes no difference.
She even told me they do not hold back any seats for Gold and anyone booking CW seat can get any seat as long as its still available and been allocated.
This sounds very strange to me, as from all the posts I have read here on FT, it was my understanding that they do hold back seats for Gold's on the UD.
All she could do again is put a note on my account and advice me to check in 24 hours before, well thanks so much for the advice.

Expertflyer is telling me that only 6 seats are taken on the U/D on my flight and they are all in rows 60 and 61.

I thought that the whole seating thing has been changes and there is more availability for Golds now, not less!

Anyway, just wanted to express my frustration
Old May 22, 2006, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Certainly not my experience - in MMB I can see a load of seats, but in CheckMyTrip they show occupied.

Perhaps this is some weird issue...I suggest a call back to another agent and, without mentioning this, say something like you're getting some weird results in MMB and when this has happened before, it was fixed by the agent deleting your BA number then re-adding it. It may well be the booking still sees you as Silver somehow, but a refresh will update it...

Phil
Old May 22, 2006, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I had this issue too on promotion from Silver to Gold. All open tickets gave me poor seating availability (this is wel before the formal opening of blocked seats to Golds). It seems that status is associated with a booking at the time of booking and that there is no automatic refresh of status post booking. Deleting and then adding your BAEC number again should in theory solve the problem.
Old May 22, 2006, 7:54 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I had this issue too on promotion from Silver to Gold. All open tickets gave me poor seating availability (this is wel before the formal opening of blocked seats to Golds). It seems that status is associated with a booking at the time of booking and that there is no automatic refresh of status post booking. Deleting and then adding your BAEC number again should in theory solve the problem.
I can confim that this works!
Old May 22, 2006, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GOLD HH GOLD
Thanks for the advice guys!
I phoned them and asked the very helpful agent to do just that and as she was doing it some seats opened up fro me on the U/D

Had to take 64K/J for now as they were the only 2 seats available together, but she did put in a request for 62A/B or J/K.

I'm a much happier bunny now
Old May 22, 2006, 8:39 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
The 62A/K are emergency exit, which explains why they weren't available.
Old May 22, 2006, 8:51 am

Programs: BA back down to Blue, PC Plat
Originally Posted by flytheworld
Thanks for the advice guys!
I phoned them and asked the very helpful agent to do just that and as she was doing it some seats opened up fro me on the U/D

Had to take 64K/J for now as they were the only 2 seats available together, but she did put in a request for 62A/B or J/K.

I'm a much happier bunny now
I wouldn't think of 64K/J as anything like a bad result!
Old May 22, 2006, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NSFU
I wouldn't think of 64K/J as anything like a bad result!

Are those good seats? Calling GBOAC
Old May 22, 2006, 9:49 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
Are those good seats? Calling GBOAC
I can confirm (on G-BOAC's behalf) that those are infact the worst available seats, and we would both thoroughly recommend any of the seats downstairs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.