Wiki Posts
Search

IB in 'not bad in J' shocker!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2006, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Roger
Thanks very much, oiRRio!
Given the 0030-ish departure ex MAD and assuming the schedule is maintained, we will have the A346 in both directions .
No worries. Unfortunately the new schedule hasn't worked in your favour but at least now any surprise change of equipment will be a pleasant one. Of course let us know how you get on.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 4:09 pm
Suspended

Here's a thread that-- towards the end-- addresses the IB equipment issues and getting row 1 on old equipment (and pictures), etc.
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315764
Old Mar 23, 2006, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Be as persistent as possible in trying to get row 1.
Two of us are off in 10 days with the other three a couple of days later, all returning together (on two PNRs).

Outbound, two of us are ticketed LHR-BCN-JNB, which means three flights: LHR-BCN, BCN-MAD and MAD-JNB, with almost two hours on the ground at MAD.

We have most seat numbers, but not MAD-JNB. The system regards BCN-JNB as one sector and we have 1A and 1B - which can only be for LHR-MAD on an A321 - and which the travel agent says we can keep for the A343. I don't believe it, of course.

IB in Spain say we cannot make seat reservations until three days before the flight . Any thoughts as to how we can get seat numbers earlier? Thanks.

It does look as though we have the A340-300 with the new business class in both directions. Coming back, row 1 has gone. We have asked for 2H and 3H.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 10:33 am

Two of us are off in 10 days with the other three a couple of days later, all returning together (on two PNRs).

Outbound, two of us are ticketed LHR-BCN-JNB, which means three flights: LHR-BCN, BCN-MAD and MAD-JNB, with almost two hours on the ground at MAD.
Roger, I would be VERY interested to hear your feedback after this trip as I am considering using IB to JNB later this year as their J fare is little more than WT+! Out of curiosity whu are you routing LHR-BCN-MAD-JNB rather than straight LHR-MAD-JNB?
Old Mar 23, 2006, 10:34 am
Suspended

It does look as though we have the A340-300 with the new business class in both directions. Coming back, row 1 has gone. We have asked for 2H and 3H.
While I personally prefer row 1 in new IB J-- it really doesn't make too much difference, while on the old configs, it makes a huge difference. I also figured better just to "keep it simple" and ask for row 1 all the time. As far as how to get IB to assign same... wish I could tell ya'. I'd keep calling.
Old Mar 23, 2006, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
Originally Posted by aristoph
Out of curiosity whu are you routing LHR-BCN-MAD-JNB rather than straight LHR-MAD-JNB?
Not through choice ! I needed to change to an earlier outbound, and at the time only LHR-BCN-(MAD)-JNB was available. It hurts to see LHR-MAD-JNB available again today at 1400-ish instead of the absurd 5,600-ish demanded up to yesterday. Imagine the spiel: 'Fly IB - only 50% more expensive than full price BA J and with an oh-so-convenient midnight transfer in Madrid's new terminal' .

I have been having a dreadful time with those comedians at lastminute.com masquerading as a travel agency and plan to report back with warnings after the trip.

Originally Posted by JonNYC
As far as how to get IB to assign same... wish I could tell ya'. I'd keep calling.
Will do !
Old Mar 23, 2006, 1:44 pm
Suspended

I wonder if they intentionally keep row 1 empty for IB elites (or somesuch) up 'till 3 days (or whatever it is) before the flight? Or something like that. If so, I'd definitely put it on your calendar to call at the earliest possible opportunity. If you -do- get row 1, make sure at every stage during the trip leading up tp that flight that they haven't moved you out of row 1, I had an experience that led me to believe that that happens on occasion-- I was on a flight where every other occupant of row 1 was family of the pilot-- I was the only person that retained my row 1 assignment and I'm pretty sure others had been moved back to "regular" business at the last minute, based on the grumbling I overheard (most of it in Spanish.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.