Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Socks...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2004, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Socks...

Little more than a year ago I flew on an AS award on BA in F and I was blown away! What I remember the most, is the awesome socks I got from the little package of goodies (it got me hooked on carmex). I was wondering if anyone has been able to track down a source of the BA Socks. I haven't called BA to inquire, because I wouldn't want to sound like a baboon

Anyone??
Old Nov 27, 2004, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by colby
Little more than a year ago I flew on an AS award on BA in F and I was blown away! What I remember the most, is the awesome socks I got from the little package of goodies (it got me hooked on carmex). I was wondering if anyone has been able to track down a source of the BA Socks. I haven't called BA to inquire, because I wouldn't want to sound like a baboon

Anyone??

Can I just say, a great refreshing post in our time of bickering.

Alsa, I have no clue regarding your problem.

Fingers X, me thinks someone will be able to help you out

rgds

Old Nov 27, 2004, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by speedbird2018
Can I just say, a great refreshing post in our time of bickering.

Alsa, I have no clue regarding your problem.

Fingers X, me thinks someone will be able to help you out

rgds

hah, I'm glad I could get everybody off topic it seems I still have two pair of these socks and they've held up wonderful in the time I've had them. I wish I could get a whole bucket load of'm!
Old Nov 27, 2004, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by colby
I wish I could get a whole bucket load of'm!
....and sell them on Ebay
Old Nov 27, 2004, 5:48 pm
Community Director Emerita

I'm wearing my blue BA socks today on an unusually chilly day in San Diego. I also have tan BA socks - and I think the latest version is gray. They are an order of magnitude nicer than any other airline sock. Most I wear on the place and leave on the plane.
Old Nov 27, 2004, 6:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
I must admit, as airline socks go, the Blue BA socks are very comfy. Anyone remember the extra comfortable JAL slippers from the eighties???
Old Nov 28, 2004, 4:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
These used to be very popular in the 90s and you could get them at Marks and Sparks - haven't seen any for a long time - though the last pack of three pairs I got were from Tesco...........
Old Nov 28, 2004, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Once upon a time, BA used to give away very smart black and grey Paul Smith socks in First. A 'friend' got me a couple of pairs and they have lasted very, very well.

I'm not so keen on the new pairs - great for wearing with wellies but otherwise not that stylish or comfortable imo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.