Search

Tesco Life insurance - fat finger syndrome

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2004, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Tesco Life insurance - fat finger syndrome

Morning All,

Cant find the answer to this on the tesco thread so thought i'd ask the question....

Erm, I've just signed up for the tesco life insurance to get the bonus miles and noticed due to fat finger syndrome or just plain stupidity that i put in 20 years instead of 2 years as my policy term...

Anyone know if this is going to cause me a problem when cancelling next month? Is it better to let this one die and reapply for a 2 year term (i dont know strict they are with cancellations???)

Thanks in advance
Gav_T
Old Nov 28, 2004, 5:52 am

Programs: UA1P, SK S, BA B, SPG G, Hyatt G, HH G, HM Revenue & Customs Lifetime MilkCow Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by GavT_london
Morning All,

Cant find the answer to this on the tesco thread so thought i'd ask the question....

Erm, I've just signed up for the tesco life insurance to get the bonus miles and noticed due to fat finger syndrome or just plain stupidity that i put in 20 years instead of 2 years as my policy term...

Anyone know if this is going to cause me a problem when cancelling next month? Is it better to let this one die and reapply for a 2 year term (i dont know strict they are with cancellations???)

Thanks in advance
Gav_T
No, it should not cause you problem with cancellation, but of course you will pay a bit more: as risks increase with age, the cost of underwriting (per-year per person, all things being equal) increases.

Usually the underwriter averages these expected premium increases to make the premium consistent throughout the term. So if you cancel early you will find that in those days that you paid for your cover you will have actually paid more than you would have if you were to take a shorter period of cover.

The whole difference will probably be worth only a few pounds in any case, so do not worry too much about your fat stubby fingers syndrome (if you watch The Simpsons, you'll know this condition is hereditary, comes from father's side and this is the reason why Lisa Simpson could not pursue a professional saxophone career).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.