Wiki Posts
Search

BA slow to credit IB points

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2004, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
BA slow to credit IB points

I flew IB in early July, and my Exec card number was shown on the boarding card ... the points never appeared on my account, so I faxed BA on 23rd September ... they have only just shown up on my account.

I guess I should be grateful that I didn't have to chase BA, but does the feed from IB reguarly fail, and do BA often take 2 weeks to manually post points ?

Andrew
Old Oct 15, 2004, 5:17 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Interesting to see if this is indeed a 'one-off' - especially for those of us (including myself) flying with Iberia to gain the bonus oneworld offer points over the next few weeks.

I would have thought all oneworld airlines would have posted quite quickly. Whenever I fly with American Airlines, they always seem to appear after a few days like clock-work.

However AmericaWest is another story. I have yet to fly with them and get the points automatically credited. It's always the case of waiting a month 'in case they post', apparently, then faxing everything I have left from the flight to BA which take around 2-3weeks to process what you have sent them. A lot of effort, especially when its only for around 1000-1500 miles!
Old Oct 15, 2004, 7:17 am

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
I'm finding it the other way around, I did a LPA-MAD-LGW on IB/BA about a month ago. The IB posted within a week. No sign of the BA.

As I have to contact them about 3000 missing Hilton bonus miles, I may as well contact them about that at the same time.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 7:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
When I have flown with BA in the past on bookings where the gate agent has managed to squeeze me onto an earlier flight, I have always found the online missing flights form for BA flights to be quite good. Much easier than having to explain it over the phone.....
Old Oct 15, 2004, 7:31 am

Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle
No i am afraid that this is regularly happens to me usually at least one of my sectors will fail to post automatically. i called the BAEC on this and was told that it is got to do with a BA/IB codesharing issue which something troubles their system and hence fails to post at the moment i am waiting on a IB coded EI flight to LHR to post to my BA account, i sent in the online missing form about a week ago so i am goona cal BAEC to confirm receipt and that everything is in order

the last time my DUB-LHR posted but my BA flight on a IB ticket didn't it took nearly three months to post and it posted as a BA flight from LGW instead of LHR-AGP so will see what happens to my EI flight soon

BTW all BC's had my BAEC number on them
Old Oct 15, 2004, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iainbhx
As I have to contact them about 3000 missing Hilton bonus miles, I may as well contact them about that at the same time.
Good luck. I am still arguing over 2500 miles from last year!
Old Oct 15, 2004, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by iainbhx
I'm finding it the other way around, I did a LPA-MAD-LGW on IB/BA about a month ago. The IB posted within a week. No sign of the BA.
Same problem for me. LGW-SVQ ticketed on IB stock, on an IB flight number, BA flight, GB metal - no sign of any miles

Yet my SVQ-LHR return flight, ticketed and flown on IB (cruddy old MD80 and charged even for a glass of water), but all BA miles present and correct 3 days later

Makes no sense...
Old Oct 15, 2004, 12:10 pm

What a mess - just how many times does this happen to all of us, month after month?

However one thing which is assured, no doubt, will be plenty of fun and games when we are fighting for our 15,000 miles one world bonus!
Old Nov 28, 2004, 11:12 am

Programs: FB-Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by flyclub
What a mess - just how many times does this happen to all of us, month after month?

However one thing which is assured, no doubt, will be plenty of fun and games when we are fighting for our 15,000 miles one world bonus!
I'm flying tomorrow IB-ticket on BA-flight and this scares the hell out of me. Because in 2029 they won't remember this promotion
Old Nov 28, 2004, 1:33 pm

IB postings...

I regularly fly IB coded/operated flights GVA-MAD, and post to both my AA and BA accounts. The flights have never posted to either account in less than 10 days, so I imagine there is a 'batch' process that IB runs to issue credit to other OW carriers. Before I had my gold BA card, the IB flights would post about 1/2 the time. Now, I make sure the boarding pass is correct before I leave the counter. No more "it is in the computer, so it will be OK" story.

Bottom line, the miles/points will post in 7-14 days, or they never will...

Good Luck!
Old Nov 28, 2004, 3:12 pm

Programs: FB-Plat, HHonors Gold
Helpful I'll keep that in mind tomorrow!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.