Search

BA PHX-LHR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2004, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
BA PHX-LHR

Hi all--looking to use 100K HP flight fund miles next Christmas to fly BA club world. I've seen the a/c here at Sky Harbor change from a 777 to a 747 off and on, so I don't know whether or not all 777 have the club world. Have any of you taken this route in J? Comments? My other alternative is VS Upper for the same mileage, but aren't really too excited about trekin' up to SFO to catch a flight.
Thanks
Old Feb 17, 2004, 3:29 am
norodnik

PHX-LHR is a 777 and would only change due to unavailability of aircraft.

New Club World now on this flight (flat beds) everyday and having done the flight a few times you should have a nice trip.

The VS service from SFO still has their old Upper Class which is truely awful. Have not flown on their new suites yet

Old Feb 17, 2004, 3:58 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
PHX is running a 744 6 days a week at the moment. This has been commented on in another thread also.
Old Feb 17, 2004, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Thank you for your input.

Do award flying J class pax gain access to the BA lounge? Does BA even have a lounge at PHX?
Old Feb 17, 2004, 7:19 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by enviroian:
Thank you for your input.

Do award flying J class pax gain access to the BA lounge? Does BA even have a lounge at PHX?
</font>

Yes you will have access to the lounge. BA gives F,J award pax the same treatment as revenue pax.
The lounge is right by the gate used. Just follow upstairs on the right. You have a seperate small F lounge and a large J lounge.

Old Feb 17, 2004, 4:42 pm

Programs: BA
Well the current BA schedule for Phoenix is 777 to 27 March, thereafter 744, in theory into next winter's schedule as well.
Old Feb 18, 2004, 3:55 am
dnw

By next Christmas even the bucket & spade routes will be New Club World, don't worry...
Old Feb 18, 2004, 4:31 am
norodnik

Interesting to see the PHX route going to a 744.

When it ran from LGW the loads in J and F were very low although Eco was always packed. BA only went for the route because a lot of businesses were looking at re-locating to Phoenix. That never happened although it has become an increasingly popular holiday destination.

From what I heard (only last week) PHX along with DFW are being considered for the chop, so it seems odd that BA are adding capacity in PHX.

EZE seems also to be going back to LGW and a few other routes are being looked at mainly because of space issues at LHR.

I think all aircraft in the BA fleet now have the new product installed except for the 3 777's that serve the old Caledonian routes.

Old Feb 18, 2004, 4:46 am
dnw

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by norodnik:
EZE seems also to be going back to LGW and a few other routes are being looked at mainly because of space issues at LHR.</font>
EZE is definitley being considered for non-stop again (currently a shuttle from GRU), but not daily, and almost certainly not back at LGW... that would be a major back-track, much as it would help the guys down there!
Old Feb 18, 2004, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by norodnik:
From what I heard (only last week) PHX along with DFW are being considered for the chop, so it seems odd that BA are adding capacity in PHX.</font>
How much interline traffic does BA carry through PHX onto the HP codeshares?
Old Feb 18, 2004, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
From what I heard (only last week) PHX along with DFW are being considered for the chop</font>
But haven't BA just made a great hoo-har about NCW and WT+ being introduced on the DFW run?

This would look a little daft for them to promote it so much and then chop it
Old Feb 18, 2004, 6:21 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Globaliser:
Originally posted by norodnik:
From what I heard (only last week) PHX along with DFW are being considered for the chop, so it seems odd that BA are adding capacity in PHX.</font>
How much interline traffic does BA carry through PHX onto the HP codeshares?

I am not sure , but it seems to be a good route to Vegas. I think PHX is HP's home port is that corect ?

I was in Phx in the Summer and from what I was told it is one of the fastest growing cities in the US. Alot of new Lux Hotels opening. A bit like Dubia in that it is Very Expensive in the Winter months and dirt cheap in the Very hot summer.
Old Feb 18, 2004, 6:31 am
dnw

Given that son-of-son-of-Future-Size-and-Shape (biz plan for 04/05 unveiled earlier this month) envisaged the route network remaining static, I don't think we're going to see any high profile longhaul cuts in the next 12 months.
Old Feb 18, 2004, 6:42 am
norodnik

dnw, one of my firends works at LGW and seems to think it is near certain EZE is coming back (to LGW)

The Cabin Crew are very happy about this as its a good earner for them, especially so since just about every route out of LGW longhaul for them involves only a nightstop (at the moment)

Old Feb 18, 2004, 6:52 am
dnw

That would be good! for two reasons- a) bit of a (albeit small) moral boost for LGW and b) more availability for me to GRU!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.