Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mobile Services from BA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2004, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
Thumbs up Mobile Services from BA

Apart from the ba.com website, which of course you can now get to over Wi-Fi at their lounges (for free !!), they also provide a summarised version for Vodafone Live! subscribers on your mobile phone (it's WAP really but don't tell anyone), and they've now got the SMS Flight Tracker service (which I've already said is soooo helpful, in particular for avoiding the hideous airport carparking charges).

Finally they have realised that some of us travel with technologies that keep us in touch !

What next ??? ... maybe one day they'll let me check-in online and use my mobile phone as my boarding pass ! @:-)
Old Sep 17, 2004, 4:59 am
dnw

...actually its one step forward after 2 steps back.

About 3 years ago there was permanent BA WAP site at wap.ba.com and corresponding support pages online. You could check arrivals/departures, seat availability AND you could do a WAP version of OLCI (WCI? )... it was slow and a bit crap (like all WAP things) but it worked.

It was simplified without trace or announcement about 2 years ago.
Old Sep 17, 2004, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA, QR, OW loyal.
there is a pda formatted site at BA Mobile Site none of the links work though..!

Shame really, BA are missing a trick here, it would be good if us pda users could get to the Vodaphone Live site from our toys..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.