Search

BA's ground staff at NCL to strike

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2003, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
BA's ground staff at NCL to strike

I'm lead to believe that Groundstar - the chaps who handle BA flights ex NCL in such a joyful way - will be striking each Friday & Saturday from August 22nd.

I know it won't impact many, but it might save someone some hassles....

(Story in today's Journal - can't post a link i'm afraid)
Old Aug 18, 2003, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">PA-SCOTGENFAX-XXT
1 AIR Newcastle 2145GMT 18AUG03
The threat of strike action by airport ground staff has been lifted after they voted tonight to accept an improved pay offer.
Members of the Transport and General Workers Union at Newcastle airport who work for handling company Groundstar had agreed overwhelmingly to reject a 3% increase.
They threatened to hold a 48-hour walkout later this week but overturned the decision when they were offered a 5% pay rise.
[mfls]

2 AIR Newcastle 2239GMT 18AUG03
[reopens]
A Groundstar spokesman said: This is an excellent deal for the staff, particularly given the backdrop of tough trading conditions that the aviation sector is currently experiencing.
We now look forward to a period of stability and working together to secure a successful operation at Newcastle airport over the coming months.
[ends]</font>
Old Aug 18, 2003, 6:41 pm

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
most businesses are cyclical in nature so why are the unions sticking it to the companys at the bottom part of the cycle ??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.