Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat assignments, can we view them online?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2003, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Seat assignments, can we view them online?

After booking 2 CE tickets the other day I wanted to make sure I got a couple of seats next to eachother, so I can accompany my travel companion.

I phoned BA Exec Club and after 5 minutes of the Flower Duet I got through and was told seats had already been pre-assigned to me in the booking stage. So the lady on the line read out what I'd been assigned and I didnt write them down (due to incompetence) and now I can't remember. I can't be bothered to listen to the Flower Duet again and would like to find out what seats I have. OK so on CE it doesn't matter that much but a few days after I am off to IAD and obviously there are better and worse seats.

Can we view these seat assignments online via our Exec Club account, and if so can we change them?

If we can't see them, why not?

------------------
'There are only two emotions in a plane: boredom and terror'
Orson Welles (19151985)
Old Aug 15, 2003, 4:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Just click on "My bookings" to see whether it has pre-assigned seats. You can't change online until 24 hours before.

Alternatively type in your 6 digit booking code into amedeus and see whether you have pre-assigned seats.

In any event phone the EC and ask then to record your seat preference so that they can allocate it closer to the day.

Don'y forget that the ET/CE curtain plays footsie right up until the last minute.
Old Aug 15, 2003, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
It is more reliable to go into Amadeus through www.checkmytrip.com to see what's in your booking. If there is a seat assignment there, click on the link and it should pull up the seat map for the flight, if there is one available to view.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.