Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WT+ vs AA standard coach seat room

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2003, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

WT+ vs AA standard coach seat room

Ha anybody an opinion, what provides more leg room and overall comfort, BA's WT+ or AA standard "More Room" seating?
Old Aug 15, 2003, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
WT+ gives 38ins instead of 34ins pitch, but WT+ is not an economy seat with more room. It is is a completely different seat - wider, has inflatable lumbar support, leg rest and foot rest, and extra recline etc.

The WT+ seat is quite comfy for 10 hour plus flights because of the leg and foot rests.

It's down to personal choice - try them both and decide for yourself?
Old Aug 15, 2003, 4:02 pm

Definitely WT+, it is certainly more comfortable. Better seat, seperate cabin..etc..

Unfortunately it is also priced as such, i.e. a lot more expensive than an AA ticket in economy.

Comparing AA MRTC and normal WT, AA wins handsdown.
Old Aug 15, 2003, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I did WT+ on the $20 fare for flights 9-10 hours each way. Despite the (ever-so-) slightly-greater recline, seat pitch, width, etc, I'd say it's still quite torturous (but better than BA (3rd) WT). I wouldn't really pay much over AA MRTC unless you have the miles to UPGRADE to BA CW.
Old Aug 15, 2003, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA 1P
For my flying pattern WT+ is also about 6 times the price of coach and almost the price of CW.
Old Aug 16, 2003, 12:28 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GeorgeF:
For my flying pattern WT+ is also about 6 times the price of coach and almost the price of CW.</font>
How can this be?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.