Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Class on GB

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2003, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Business Class on GB

I'm on a dinner flight from Gatwick to Faro next week, and I'm just curious about service/legroom on the GB flight.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 10:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Club Europe product, 2x3 layout with 34 inches of pitch. Many people say that the food and service is better than main BA.

See this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum15/HTML/004058.html
Old Jul 15, 2003, 11:09 am

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
Got diverted onto a GB-operated flight from Toulon-LGW a week or so ago; the layout in Club Europe there was 2+2. Was told that champagne would be charged for, but that was a general announcement to the whole cabin so wasn't sure if that applied too to Club. Good, friendly service, but fairly indistinguishable from mainline BA.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 11:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dallardice:
Got diverted onto a GB-operated flight from Toulon-LGW a week or so ago; the layout in Club Europe there was 2+2. Was told that champagne would be charged for, but that was a general announcement to the whole cabin so wasn't sure if that applied too to Club. Good, friendly service, but fairly indistinguishable from mainline BA.</font>
They do not charge for champagne in Club Europe on GB. There are small noticeable differences. Last time I flew on them they served wines/champagne from full sized bottles rather than hand out 1/4 bottles

Dave
Old Jul 15, 2003, 3:50 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
The FAOs are all operated with the 320 or the 321 which are all 3 X 2, You will have Heidsich champagne served from big bottles and it is free. The meal is this choice on salad that is offered on all Club.

The big difference is that the crews are smashing. Loads of my old mates from BCAL are over there - or were.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 4:34 pm

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
One of the two people I praised by name in my letter to BA following my recent dramatic incident was the CSD of the GB Airways-operated flight from Toulon-LGW which was diverted via Marseille to pick up stranded passengers.

The CSD, Tracy, dealt incredibly well with a group of very aggressive male passengers who were aggrieved that their Toulon flight had been diverted and delayed. In addition she was very sensitive to the fact that there were a number of passengers rather nervous about flying and for whom she didn't have catering.

She was great. I mentioned her by name in my letter to BA about the whole birdstrike incident at MRS. BA said she would get the message and I hope so. For the full story see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum15/HTML/004509.html )

(Now do you forgive me Pucci?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.