Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Anti-Ageism Protest at BA AGM today

Hi,
From the BBC;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3067997.stm

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 15, 2003, 2:36 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Reflects a wider malaise, I fear. Kudos to this plucky BA employee for highlighting an issue which blights industry - and not just the one which involves flying people around the world in metal tubes.

But then maybe I'm alone in thinking that maturer employees bring a certain experience to an organisation.

Or read another way: do you want some barely post-pubescent moron giving you an obviously empty apology when things go belly-up? (NB In the interests of ageist balance, I've nothing against young bucks, provided they're ready to take on board the views of, how shall we put it, 'maturer' colleagues.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 3:16 pm

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
VT

I think a good airline has to strike a fine balance on the age of its cabin crew.

You have one end of the scale like VS with very young and not so clever girls who looks good but I wouldn't want to trust in an emergancy. At the other end of the scale UA has some old heffers that can just about get down the aisle in one go without stopping for a rest. In the event of an emergancy you would need to climb over them.

Old Jul 16, 2003, 5:30 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Well the inside info I've got is that some folks are quite happy with the 55 retirement age. This has been in the contracts for ages and it isn't like it was a surprise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.