Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"A" Inventory on BGI-LGW

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2002, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
"A" Inventory on BGI-LGW

Mrs Gaza and I have decided to upgrade our 4 Continent OWE to First. Buying it in JNB means we are only paying the equivalent of £2,600 + Tax! The only problem I see is the lack of "A" inventory on the BGI-LGW leg. I've checked lots of dates over many months and there is never any "A" showing. It's not showing "Waitlisting" or "Closed" either, it just isn't there! I've see postings like this in the past but I've searched and can't find anything. Is there any likelyhood of getting "A" inventory on this route or should I use my last North America segment to fly to MIA where there does appear to be "A" availability?

Nick, I await your words of wisdom!
Old Jan 19, 2002, 1:31 am

[This message has been edited by Merry (edited 05-25-2002).]
Old Jan 19, 2002, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Thanks Nick.

The system I use (Ticket Window) was not showing any "A" inventory. I went in to ITN this morning and, as you pointed out, there is plenty. Oh well, that's computers for you!
Old Jan 19, 2002, 4:51 am

When I flew BA106 from DXB to LHR two weeks ago, the "A" inventory was never available on ITN, however, upon arriving DXB from LHR two days earlier,( when BA106 still showed 7 "F" availability, DXB agent gladly confirmed me with "A" class booking. Aboard the flight BA106 on their spacious 777 suites, I was amazed to find less than half of the First class seats were occupied, to be sure. So don't give up your hope, although I can share your anxiety.

BTW, I loved those 777 suite configurations and dear Merry, the service by the British gentlemen FAs were absolutely exemplary. FYI, I am now shooting for a Gold status with BAEC! and GAs at DXB were very gracious,indeed, particularly the Indian lady at the lounge. They were swift in arranging a cash compensation for the missed baggages that happened at LHR. Sorry for going off topic here.

[This message has been edited by Kaoru Kanetaka (edited 01-19-2002).]
Old Feb 26, 2002, 3:41 am
Original Poster

I know it is a long way off but I'm thinking BA may be restricting "A" inventory out of BGI. Our plan at the moment is to fly BGI-LGW on 18th Jan 03, however, we cannot get confirmed bookings and are waitlisted. There are two flights that day, BA2154 is showing A0 and BA2152 is showing A1. Problem is I need two. I checked a few days either side and all flight are showing A0. It's not too big a problem as we still have one NA segment left so I can route via MIA or JFK, which from a tier points and mileage point of view is better. Pity Mrs G dosen't see it that way.

[This message has been edited by Gaza (edited 02-26-2002).]
Old Feb 26, 2002, 4:13 am

[This message has been edited by Merry (edited 05-25-2002).]
Old Feb 26, 2002, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Merry:
But why not treat Mrs Gaza, pay the extra and grab the last two Concorde seats on the 18th Jan?</font>
We did consider this, but the advatage of time is lost as would have to spend the night in London. Concorde arrives at 20:00, the same time as the last flight to EDI so it means decanting to a hotel and then back in the morning. A First sleeper seat seems a good alternative. If we had not done Concorde at New Year we probably would have taken the Concorde option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.