Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR - which lounge? (sorry to bring this up again!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2001, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 3MM

Am flying AA MIA/LHR next month in J (am also PLT), then connecting domestic BA to GLA.

Have used the AA arrivals lounge in T3 in the past and like the fact that it is quiet and has decent shower facilities, but it is a hassle to have to then walk through the underground rabbit warren to T1 and then also clear T1 security in time to get to the domestic flight.

Assume my other option is to use the flight connections centre then the EC domestic lounge in T1....does it have showers etc ?

Given the above (AA PLT, arriving J, connecting to domestic coach), what would you do ?

Thx in advance to the experts !
Old Dec 3, 2001, 9:36 am

The BA lounge has showers. I prefer to make my way there knowing that at least I'm in the right are for the connecting shuttle.

I don't know about the AA lounge facilities as I can do without the agro of T3 arrivals.

Old Dec 3, 2001, 9:49 am

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
I have not been to the AA T3 arrivals but you can definitely go for the BA T1 departure lounge where there are showers. Note: the T1 showers are not the new multi-jet shower heads in T4.
Old Dec 3, 2001, 3:05 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
My Heart skipped a beat! The rugged TomCayman from the AA Board no less. Our very own tax exile!

Welcome to the BA Board. These boys know more about BA pre and post flight than I do. In fact they have told me things which I pass on to the pax.

What brings you to Glasgow? Beware, we have kilt wearers (and grass skirt wearers for that matter) among our readers. They swear to me that they are true Sotsme when it comes to that garment. I believe them - (for now - seeing is believing).

In case you wondered, we are a little light hearted around here, but ask anything that you like as often as you like. One of them will know. You might even (if there's not a "y" in the spelling of the day),et a sensibl answer.
Old Dec 3, 2001, 6:34 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PUCCI GALORE:
My Heart skipped a beat! The rugged TomCayman from the AA Board no less. Our very own tax exile!

Welcome to the BA Board. These boys know more about BA pre and post flight than I do. In fact they have told me things which I pass on to the pax.

What brings you to Glasgow? Beware, we have kilt wearers (and grass skirt wearers for that matter) among our readers. They swear to me that they are true Sotsme when it comes to that garment. I believe them - (for now - seeing is believing).

In case you wondered, we are a little light hearted around here, but ask anything that you like as often as you like. One of them will know. You might even (if there's not a "y" in the spelling of the day),et a sensibl answer.
</font>
Pucci my dear - had you been sampling some of the Krug which is no longer on offer in the P cabin on BA? (Presumably not on offer because you flogged the entire lot? )

Your spelling was atrocious in that post. I will have to email you my very own spil chucka.

Dave
Old Dec 3, 2001, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, BA Gold, Shang Elite
i have been to all these lounges (and showers) in LHR.
T4 is the best.

but if u r coming from AA T3 and going out domestic at T1. the best you should do it take it at T1. because
1. better time control
2. better shower facility (BA shower, even at T1, is a lot nicer than AA's)
3. the AA T3 lounge requires you to go through security one more time to stamp your boarding pass -- a very stupid requirement by BAA, because you reach the loung before going through security -- not a good idea given the tight security these days

in the morning, T1 is very crowded. make sure you queue in as soon as u arrive at T1. (they will call you when the shower is available). they also provide toothbrush set, shavers etc (same as in the J amenities) but u have to ask

[This message has been edited by pegasus8228 (edited 12-03-2001).]
Old Dec 4, 2001, 3:08 am

ThaDocta. The only thing that I flog are the pax (preferably in F) who moan about the Krug having been replaced. Most seem to enjoy it.

I am a lousy typist my love, and my brain goes faster than my fingers. If only it went faster than my mouth.

I know that you are still smarting over the Rugby where we trounced you guys rotten. Him Indoors nearly wrecked the sofa with all the shouting and jumping. Never mind, to err is human, to forgive is divine, so I pardon you without condition.

I will, if you do not mind give you a Big Pucci XXXX

Byeee (Oh yes, I am sure the lounges are lovely, the only one I ever see is my own and it needs vacuuming) Scotty has walked out on my together with his Dyson. Do you have Dysons in Australia. I'd never thought to look!
Old Dec 4, 2001, 6:44 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pegasus8228:
i have been to all these lounges (and showers) in LHR.
T4 is the best.

but if u r coming from AA T3 and going out domestic at T1. the best you should do it take it at T1. because
1. better time control
2. better shower facility (BA shower, even at T1, is a lot nicer than AA's)
3. the AA T3 lounge requires you to go through security one more time to stamp your boarding pass -- a very stupid requirement by BAA, because you reach the loung before going through security -- not a good idea given the tight security these days

in the morning, T1 is very crowded. make sure you queue in as soon as u arrive at T1. (they will call you when the shower is available). they also provide toothbrush set, shavers etc (same as in the J amenities) but u have to ask

[This message has been edited by pegasus8228 (edited 12-03-2001).]

</font>
Thx for the advice, but I think you are mixing up the Admirals Club (which is before security and does indeed have that dumb requirement to go back through security) and the arrivals lounge, which is upstairs in the arrivals area outside customs and immigration in T3 (and is much nicer than the AC first thing in the morning!)
Old Dec 4, 2001, 6:51 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PUCCI GALORE:

</font>
My dear, you are barkin' mad....in a nice way !

Rugged ? Chah Mon... surely 6' 3" and 14 stone doesn't qualify as rugged ?

What brings me to Glasgow Airport ? Well, it's only 45 miles from Edinburgh ....and AA has through fares to GLA from GCM but not to EDI (go figure)

Oh, and a true Scotsman NEVER wears anything under the kilt

You remind me of a BA F cabin FA from Surbiton by the initials for JL....although she is probably long since retired (ain't seen her in, oh, 10 yrs)

later
Old Dec 4, 2001, 8:06 am

Tom, my lamb, you do not have to be mad to post here, but it helps!!

You intrigue me about JL, I don't know her. She may have gone before my time as I came with the rag, tag, and bobtail of BCAL. 6'3 and 14 stone. Sounds lithsome more than rugged, but I'm sure that you will live with it.

Welcome to BA, and you are right about the Scots. I'll let you into a secret. My favorite crew members are from Scotland. The pax adore them!
Old Dec 4, 2001, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, BA Gold, Shang Elite
ohh. sorry, didnt think you would go to arrival lounge.
you must have quite some time in LHR.

anyway, if u haven't try T1, why not?
AA arrival lounge is the only lounge i havent been to.
but i suppose there is breakfast & gymn like BA's. if you are not looking for these, then i believe T1 lounge is just as good
Old Dec 4, 2001, 9:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Pucci, I don't have to claim to be a true Scotsman. If you're not careful I'll post the photographic evidence, and that won't be pleasant. (Pax might like Scots crew, but do crew like Scots pax?)

And please don't mention the rugby; I'll have Kiwis on my case again.

TomCayman if you're coming to Edinburgh, a warm welcome to you, but I wouldn't shower before going to Glasgow if I were you. No-one there ever bothers washing....

Are you going to be spending your Cayman millions while you're here?

Alastair

Old Dec 4, 2001, 9:47 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ajamieson:
Pucci....TomCayman if you're coming to Edinburgh, a warm welcome to you, but I wouldn't shower before going to Glasgow if I were you. No-one there ever bothers washing....
</font>
!!
Old Dec 4, 2001, 10:02 am

Baughty Boys! What will you use Alisatir? The Photocopier method?

One day I'll tell you about the "lads" at Him Indoors place of debauchery (work he calls it) and the photocopier and why the amulance had to be called.

There! Got you pondering (don't get stuff like this over at American do you TomC?)
Old Dec 4, 2001, 10:07 am
Original Poster

(don't get stuff like this over at American do you TomC?)</font>
No, true enough, but we do get an immediate heads up anytime there is a real steal of a deal available, plus the best way to earn and use miles......which is after all the main purpose of these boards, no (apart from having a laugh)

Ah, just forgot for a moment, BA isn't AA, so it does very little to reward frequent flyers unless we (correction, that should be "our clients", as nobody pays for J/F out of their own money, well, no Scotsman anyway ) pay for full fare J/F.....

I still find it sad that I live in Cayman (where only BA provides direct service to London), fly often through LHR, yet still find that AA offers me by far the best combination of price/ff rewards and service....sigh...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.