Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA12 SIN-LHR 22 Apr A380 G-XLED returns to SIN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA12 SIN-LHR 22 Apr A380 G-XLED returns to SIN

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2024, 2:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
SQ also facing problem with the A380. Have to cut schedule for this summer. 3xA380 are out for maintenance. And one more having issue since 19/4 after arriving in LHR. Just flown back to SIN today after 5 days in LHR. So left only 8 A380 which is just enough for the current schedule.

last month another SQ A380 also AOG in LHR for one week before flying back to SIN
Apologies as I know this is going OT, but possibly of interest to some others.
If you want to know what happened to the SQ A380 to take it out of service at LHR, this dramatic footage from a favourite YouTube channel of mine:
(I actually have no idea if this really was the cause of the issue, I have fallen for the appalling clickbait in the title!)

gcuk likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 10:15 am

Programs: Qantas LTG, BA-Blue, KLM -Gold, SAS - Silver
Message from BA today: they 're paying me the full 520 UK261 plus 279 refund for the T5 Sofitel (since we arrived at LHR midnight).
Pretty much what I expected and in sober moments I realised, as SK AAR posted, that I didn't really have a claim for my onward LHR-ABZ flight.

All in all, a pretty chill experience , since I wasn't in a big hurry to get home: Monday 22nd - flew up JQ econ from MEL, slept on the plane while on the ground and while circling, Tuesday 23rd - night in Singapore hotel, Wednesday afternoon- J class to LHR in uncrowded plane, since some passengers had departed on other airlines,Wednesday evening - night in Sofitel, Thursday 24th - leisurely 10:35 flight up to ABZ.

Some people with more important deadlines than me were understandably stressed though.
Singapore_Air, wrp96 and plunet like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.