Wiki Posts
Search

Call centre unavailable 8 April 24

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2024, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Call centre unavailable 8 April 24

I have called the call centre at least four times this morning to be told that they cannot hear the callees and that I should try again in a couple hours.

I am needing to change a flight departing in less than four hours. Might I be offered a refund if they are not available in time to process a change?! Or do I need to drive to the airport and visit the ticketing desk so I don't lose the money?
Old Apr 8, 2024, 2:57 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
Or do I need to drive to the airport and visit the ticketing desk so I don't lose the money?
BA no longer have ticketing desks at airports, they got rid of them several years ago.

I think you will just need to keep trying to call unfortunately, maybe try some of the phone numbers for other countries?
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 3:22 am
Original Poster

It's my impression that other countries are routed to the UK anyway, but I can try...
Old Apr 8, 2024, 3:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I would be trying Twitter DM or the chat bot (if you keep asking for an agent you will get one).

Airport ticket desks no longer exist, an agent may be empowered to move the flight to another service on the exact same route, but usually they too would call up an area of ARC or the contact centre and presumably have the same telephony issues.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Up until an hour before departure the lines were still bad. The best I could do was make a claim online for a refund.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 8:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
Up until an hour before departure the lines were still bad. The best I could do was make a claim online for a refund.
Depending on the ticket rules, that isn't always a good idea, hence the other suggestions previously suggested. Many tickes are relatively generous on rebooking options and relatively ungenerous on cancellations.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 8:38 am
Original Poster

I understand, but what could I do? Their communication channels were down, even the online chat said the queue was full and I should come back later. The online "Manage My Booking" never worked for this ticket either.

I'm not asking for a refund based on the fare rules, but a refund due to their inability to allow me to communicate my desire to change the ticket!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.