Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde at LHR looking a little sad…

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2024, 11:32 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by PLeblond
Only thing that needs is a crazy billionaire who has a dream.

Anybody know one?
Perhaps peruse the DYKWIA thread?
PLeblond likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 6:08 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco
Originally Posted by fluffymitten
Would two years be long enough to get one of the aircraft flying again? Surely there's a pilot or two out there who could come out of retirement for a one-off flight?
Don't some of the old crews keep "current" by using the Concorde sim at Brooklands? Saw a YT video a few weeks ago about it but can't remember the exact title - will edit if I do

I said it as a joke, but I guess the only UK one that could do it is Alpha Charlie as thats as close to operational condition as possible. I did the full engineering tour of her a while back and I asked the guide (ex Conc flight engineer) what work would be needed to be done to get her flying. His reply was "just put some fuel and stuff in her and she'll fly" and, when pushed, there was a bit of a twinkle in the guy's eye and he quietly said that she just needed a check on the engines and replace the rubber seals. EXTREMELY unlikely to happen of course, but just imagine if she did fly again - what a sight that would be

Who actually legally owns Alpha Bravo? I remember seeing a picture in a paper at the time of her logbooks and paperwork handed over to BAA but never knew if that was for PR purposes or not
Old Mar 23, 2024, 6:23 am
Formerly known as tireman77

There are still a few DC-3s flying around that you can buy a ticket for a short tour (on my list) and a bunch of older fighter jets owned by civilians. John Travolta owned and flew a 707...

I don't think its that far off to believe that that some eccentric billionaire decided to buy one and make it operational. Some of those people have their own spaceships...

Offering flights on it is another matter, but I would love to see and of course hear it fly again.
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by IJN Harekaze
Who actually legally owns Alpha Bravo?
The G-INFO register says BA for BOAA-BOAG.
BOAH is a Piper Cherokee
Old Mar 23, 2024, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Concorde Prototype G-AXDN at IWM Duxford

Hi ,

a close up view of the prototype G-AXDN taken at IWM Duxford near Cambridge in Oct 2023

Taken at IWM Duxford

Regards

TBS
ademanuele and PLeblond like this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 4:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
Old Mar 26, 2024, 5:00 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco
Looks a little down on the nose gear to me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.