Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help me understand BA269 today?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2024, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Help me understand BA269 today?

So I’m flying on this flight very soon, so I have a habit of checking how late it runs and so on…

I noticed that it appears as “CANCELED” on BA, but on Flightradar24 there’s a 77W with the code flying to LA! Usually BA269 is an A380

what happened here? Did they cancel the flight or change equipment for today?

Last edited by 7byazz; Mar 26, 2024 at 2:33 pm
Old Mar 26, 2024, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL
So BA269 is actually "BA1269" today. By virtue of downsizing the equipment they cancelled the orginal and presumably rebooked as many as possible onto the new flight on the 77W.
7byazz likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 2:56 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by 7byazz
Did they cancel the flight or change equipment for today?
They did both. It’s been reported several times on the forum recently: reliability issues in the A380 fleet have led to a number of flights being downsized to smaller aircraft.

BA manage the resulting oversell by cancelling the A380 flight and adding a separate flight, of a different flight number, in the same timings. Passengers are given the option to move, free of charge, to other flights.

etiene, becks1 and 7byazz like this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 3:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
The flight number change apparently being forced by the IT when the equipment change happens close in to departure [on the order of 2-3 days]. As mentioned, the number swap's cropped up a few times and the 380s are still rebelling at their return from the desert.
7byazz likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all for the explanation! Hoping my flight doesn't get downgraded!
etiene likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.