Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time Management for BA007 on Thursday…

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2024, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Time Management for BA007 on Thursday…

BA informs me that my 007 to HND will depart gate A10 on Thursday morning. Is this good news? I’ll be in the CCR until the last possible minute, so when should that minute be? How long will I need to get between the two please?
(I last worked at LHR in 1987 )
WestCan likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 8:37 am

Programs: BAEC
A10 is the bus gate, with limited space so priority boarding can be... challenging. I would stay in lounge until the very last minute. I think gate closes at -20' but could be more for LH bus gates, so I would double check with the lounge agent (or probably some FTer will be able to fill in the gap sooner)
Saltrams, becks1 and Cymro like this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 8:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
It should take no more than 10 mins to elbow your way from the CCR through the hoards of the great unwashed.

A10 is a bus gate so boarding will start earlier than a pier-served gate.

Which cabin are you flying in?
Saltrams likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 8:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by Saltrams
BA informs me that my 007 to HND will depart gate A10 on Thursday morning. Is this good news? I’ll be in the CCR until the last possible minute, so when should that minute be? How long will I need to get between the two please?
(I last worked at LHR in 1987 )
Is boarding by bus good news?

If it was me, I would leave the CCR 10 minutes before boarding time.
I'm "conservative" and I don't like to stress out, so I will always try to be at gate at published boarding time (and then spend the next 30 minutes, while waiting for the actual boarding to start, asking myself why I can't try to be there just 5 min before closing time )
Old Feb 27, 2024, 9:23 am
Original Poster

I have to walk amongst the plebs? That’s ill considered! They’ll be expecting me to walk through the sewer of CW to reach F next
Why on Earth do BA use a bus? Who gets to use a pier?
I'm definitely favouring turning up last now.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
The one piece of sage advice from regulars here is that bus gates tend to close sharp on the T-20 minute mark to allow the last bus to depart in timely fashion, so factor that in to your plans.
becks1, Saltrams and sigma421 like this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 9:48 am

Programs: BA GGL
If you're familiar with T5 and a fast walker, you could get away with leaving the CCR at T-25 or thereabouts. If less familiar and/or encumbered by the kitchen sink, I'd suggest leaving nearer to T-35 or T-40.
Above, Gastrocnemius and mikeyfly like this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 10:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Saltrams
I have to walk amongst the plebs? That’s ill considered! They’ll be expecting me to walk through the sewer of CW to reach F next
Yes but you get to enjoy the experience of lobbing Ł50 notes and watching the plebs scrabble to pick them up. Take my advice, make sure they are new and crisp Ł50 notes - they flutter better.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 10:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by erikh94
A10 is the bus gate, with limited space so priority boarding can be... challenging. I would stay in lounge until the very last minute. I think gate closes at -20' but could be more for LH bus gates, so I would double check with the lounge agent (or probably some FTer will be able to fill in the gap sooner)
It's 20 minutes for all services, short haul and long haul.

If they started boarding on time, then the people in the last bus start getting a bit edgy waiting for the 20 minute point, so I would give yourself a bit of time to avoid pouting glares, but 30 minutes ex CCR should be OK. I personally don't mind a bus transfer in this scenario, you get to leave CCR fairly late on, you don't have far to go, and if the bus does go off at 20 minutes departure then you should get an on time departure too. Be aware that BA sometimes moves flights by 5 or 10 minutes on the day, usually forward, so check that too.
becks1 and Saltrams like this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 5:44 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
I wouldn’t bet on it still being A10. Lots of possibility it can change
Saltrams likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Spot-on surryson . It was called at C something, went tech, then eventually left from B35!
DeathSlam and adrianlondon like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.