Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The state of the F cabin

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2024, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Who remembers this?

oceanscape, proscale and jonr405 like this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Waiting to board in Belfast a couple of weeks ago, we were held back waiting for the cleaners to finish. From the bottom of the stairs I saw the cleaners arrive. Two of them got out of the van while the driver remained behind the wheel playing with his phone. They ran up the back steps carrying nothing but a clear bin bag between them plus what they had in their pockets. 3 minutes and 9 seconds later they were back in their van with a few larger items in their bin bag.

3 minutes for an A320 with no tools. Shame on them for not caring and more shame on BA for thinking this is acceptable.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 2:10 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
Waiting to board in Belfast a couple of weeks ago, we were held back waiting for the cleaners to finish. From the bottom of the stairs I saw the cleaners arrive. Two of them got out of the van while the driver remained behind the wheel playing with his phone. They ran up the back steps carrying nothing but a clear bin bag between them plus what they had in their pockets. 3 minutes and 9 seconds later they were back in their van with a few larger items in their bin bag.

3 minutes for an A320 with no tools. Shame on them for not caring and more shame on BA for thinking this is acceptable.
Whatever the cabin, thats disgraceful from any business. I know nothing of cleaning contracts for airlines but how much are the contracted businesses charging BA to clean their aircraft? The cleaners themselves may be on minimum pay but theres still a job to done. I really hope this is a one off and not representative of the cleaning services BA are paying for. You could send on 6 or so good cleaners (1 in First, 2x CS, 3x WTP/WT) for a wide body with all the necessary equipment and Im sure they could do an excellent, thorough job of cleaning all areas, hoovering, moping, wiping, dusting etc.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BA or bust
I am shocked. What an amazingly unaware person. How can they possibly think that it is acceptable, in a service industry, to say that sort of thing to a customer. The correct response should be an apology and an offer to clear the area herself.
The day I see a cabin crew cleaning someone's CS is the day the sun rises in the west!
Old Feb 28, 2024, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
That's an absolute disgrace.
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by oceanscape
That's an absolute disgrace.
Interestingly, I was looking at a review of a BA F cabin on YouTube earlier (I have no idea why, just popped up) and the guy was immensely positive about the cabin, even though it was the old 2010 F. Overlooking the fact he drank no alcohol at all (just water or tea), on a couple of his shots of the seat, there's clear and obvious marks and crumbs, yet he doesn't seem to notice or mention them. Incredible.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 4:25 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
On my flight today already been told seat doesnt have functioning IFE and also cant move as full. Not much can do. They have told me about 5 times at every point which is great I suppose but not sure what to do about it! Also A380 and delayed - no surprise there!
Old Feb 29, 2024, 5:07 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by YClass
On my flight today already been told seat doesnt have functioning IFE and also cant move as full. Not much can do. They have told me about 5 times at every point which is great I suppose but not sure what to do about it! Also A380 and delayed - no surprise there!
Can you tell us the registration and which seat, so we can avoid it.
Lefly and oceanscape like this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 5:11 am

Defect not found in log. Tech request made to replace assembly.within 3 days
Old Feb 29, 2024, 5:17 am

LEI 1K Feedback

Originally Posted by IkarosBOS
This is the state of 1K in X-LEI on BA 269 today
Call it first world problems
i say Im loyal to BA but this is an eyesore
its more painful psychologically for those like me who love the brand than for the practical implications, obviously
At lest no F class Stickler on board today (see post from last week)
Request has been made to rectify within 3 days
Old Feb 29, 2024, 6:23 am

Oh man. Im booking a trip in June, JFK-LHR. Was originally looking at Business and didnt even cross my mind for First but for some reason when booking via AA, its only an additional $1,400 USD to fly First RT so I was tempted. Then I found this thread. My brain is saying just stick to Business but as a travel nerd, I kinda want to do First. I would be really annoyed though if my seat looked like some of the pictures on here
Old Feb 29, 2024, 6:45 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by suziemay
Oh man. Im booking a trip in June, JFK-LHR. Was originally looking at Business and didnt even cross my mind for First but for some reason when booking via AA, its only an additional $1,400 USD to fly First RT so I was tempted. Then I found this thread. My brain is saying just stick to Business but as a travel nerd, I kinda want to do First. I would be really annoyed though if my seat looked like some of the pictures on here
Ive not flown F and have very little to add on the product, theres plenty of people here who can give you advice but what I would say from FT and my own BA experiences is Ive rarely come across these types of problems, the only consistent and large scale problem is crumbs/dirt on BA that Ive ever experienced, seems to be widely reported.

In this thread are 2 seats that have issues out of many tens of seats (someone can provide the exact amount of F seats). Like most things take it with a pinch of salt and Im sure your experience will be different. If youre going onboard with your Clouseau trench coat and looking for small defects then youll probably do well but if youre simply looking for nice polite service and a decent meal plus a comfortable place to rest then youll probably come away positively if not a little fatigued from flying.
ijgordon and suziemay like this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
In this thread are 2 seats that have issues out of many tens of seats (someone can provide the exact amount of F seats). Like most things take it with a pinch of salt and Im sure your experience will be different.
The issue is the cabin and age, not just the seats and it's certainly not about the food or service. Remember this is a 2010 cabin. Can you imagine how many bums have been on those seats over those years. Casually saying you'd take it with a 'pinch of salt' is a little rich. They are old. It's not a premium experience for the money paid based on age alone. The IFE is dreadful (due to the age).

If you get the relatively new 2020 F seat on the 777-300, this is like a bigger version of the modern Club Suite, but most cabins do not have that seat and never got updated when Club Suite was installed and this confuses me. Why did BA spend time and money updating the old Club World to Club Suite on these planes, but left the old F?
oceanscape and suziemay like this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 8:28 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Originally Posted by StingWest
Just one additional data point:
The A380 I was on yesterday from LHR->SFO, seat 1A, was in good shape. I didn't notice anything remotely resembling the disturbing photos posted above.

Also, one element of the dinner service, the lobster starter, was particularly tasty.

Maybe I'll start tracking the tail numbers
I had no idea the lobsters were individually numbered
Old Feb 29, 2024, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Ive not flown F and have very little to add on the product, theres plenty of people here who can give you advice but what I would say from FT and my own BA experiences is Ive rarely come across these types of problems, the only consistent and large scale problem is crumbs/dirt on BA that Ive ever experienced, seems to be widely reported.

In this thread are 2 seats that have issues out of many tens of seats (someone can provide the exact amount of F seats). Like most things take it with a pinch of salt and Im sure your experience will be different. If youre going onboard with your Clouseau trench coat and looking for small defects then youll probably do well but if youre simply looking for nice polite service and a decent meal plus a comfortable place to rest then youll probably come away positively if not a little fatigued from flying.
Thanks! Its more that flying First is really unnecessary for me to begin with, but now that the possibility is dangling itself in front of me, its hard to ignore. I just have to weigh whether on the offchance I get a less than stellar seat if I would have overwhelming feelings of regret lol. And yes, I know only I can answer that for myself. Im leaning towards just trying it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.