Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The state of the F cabin

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2024, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM, BA GGL/CCR,/GFL, A3 Gold, JBU Mosaic, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond
The state of the F cabin

This is the state of 1K in X-LEI on BA 269 today
Call it first world problems
i say I’m loyal to BA but this is an eyesore
its more painful psychologically for those like me who love the brand than for the practical implications, obviously
At lest no F class Stickler on board today (see post from last week)
Old Feb 27, 2024, 7:50 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Yikes, I hope I don’t get that one next week!

Edit to add: Was it all like that? Or rather… for obvious personal reasons… was 2A any better do you know?
Sealink and crazy8534 like this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM, BA GGL/CCR,/GFL, A3 Gold, JBU Mosaic, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by BA or bust
Yikes, I hope I don’t get that one next week!

Edit to add: Was it all like that? Or rather… for obvious personal reasons… was 2A any better do you know?
LoL how do you know
my friend traveling in 2A
no holes there but fabric in complete disarray
i can post a picture of 2a later but might be redundant to the issue 😂
BA or bust likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 8:04 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
Wow this is very poor. Please do flag this to cabin crew / CSM.

Separately, these A380s are due the F refit but does someone here know if soft furnishings like this can be replaced semi frequently?
Old Feb 27, 2024, 8:05 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
I had the first world misfortune of the same 777ER to/from NYC last week. Seat was torn, the double window frame was falling off, panels were off inside the closet (that's how I noticed it was the same plane on the inbound), tray table wouldn't close properly, and the life vest panel was loose....
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 8:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by IkarosBOS
Call it first world problems.......but this is an eyesore
I guess the lady who spends hours inspecting the F cabin was too busy to notice that.

Old Feb 27, 2024, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YClass
I had the first world misfortune of the same 777ER to/from NYC last week. Seat was torn, the double window frame was falling off, panels were off inside the closet (that's how I noticed it was the same plane on the inbound), tray table wouldn't close properly, and the life vest panel was loose....
it’s time to stage some sort of a peaceful protest. The management needs to know there are basic elements of the customer experience that can’t be screwed up. And it’s not about the ‘think with your wallet’ thing (several of us would have long left ba if that was the issue). Perhaps we need someone in here who is a journalist or a PR or an Advertisement exec to advise
Or maybe someone
with access to the right email addresses…
Old Feb 27, 2024, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Although I can see glimmers of improvement in some areas, BA really do need DNA dialysis.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 8:17 am

If the issue is logged, it will be fixed/replaced, but currently it is taking a long time to fix, but if not reported it won't get fixed at all.

Many times Crew don't notice unless the customer points it out, and other times they don't bother reporting it because they perceive nothing happens when they do report it due to the current extended timeframe it is taking to fix such issues.

BA management are aware and are trying to reduce the time it takes to fix issues, the next biggest hurdle is getting issues reported
Old Feb 27, 2024, 8:24 am

It's not great. When I flew to ORD in F I spent time cleaning my own seat with the hot towel. Was just dusty and grubby. The worst part of the old F for me is the state of the IFE not the seat. It's so poor: slow, low resolution and hard to control.

I have a J booking to AUS next week and was considering switching to another city with F, before realising all the options to IAH, DFW, ORD etc are all the 'old' F.

But isn't there another long thread on the state of the F cabin? I only commented in it the other day!
roberto99 likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 8:27 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
it’s time to stage some sort of a peaceful protest. The management needs to know there are basic elements of the customer experience that can’t be screwed up. And it’s not about the ‘think with your wallet’ thing (several of us would have long left ba if that was the issue). Perhaps we need someone in here who is a journalist or a PR or an Advertisement exec to advise
Or maybe someone
with access to the right email addresses…
Or a 16 year old who can do a catchy dance with a few social media accounts. At this stage I suspect the most effective way to stop the more obvious wear and tear would be to shame the airline execs into doing something about it once they’re mocked by their children and neighbours.

What’s really holding the airline back from doing anything about this is a lack of personal embarrassment by the people in charge of the brand and experience.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chriswiles
It's not great. When I flew to ORD in F I spent time cleaning my own seat with the hot towel. Was just dusty and grubby. The worst part of the old F for me is the state of the IFE not the seat. It's so poor: slow, low resolution and hard to control.

I have a J booking to AUS next week and was considering switching to another city with F, before realising all the options to IAH, DFW, ORD etc are all the 'old' F.

But isn't there another long thread on the state of the F cabin? I only commented in it the other day!
Perhaps there’s another thread , was looking for it, didn’t find it. But I must confess I never saw big holes in the fabric , I fly F 4-6xmonth and maybe was lucky to never see one on my seat. Crew happened to be there with me when I noticed and said ‘we keep reporting, they do nothing about these things, very sorry’. Felt sorry for them
chriswiles likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 8:40 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
a few nights ago on the 268 from LAX we were maybe an hour into flight and i could not get the footrest to release...so i really gave it a hard pull and it released...and to my shock someone had managed to wedge a full headset case AND that light blanket in there and shoved the footrest shut. when i boarded all looked normal but clearly a basic cleaning check of the area would reveal a full headset and blanket jammed somewhere it shouldnt be, but alas.
mnhusker likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 9:13 am

Perhaps there’s another thread , was looking for it, didn’t find it.
Ah yes, it was this one Falling Apart & Dirty Grubby G-STBC [unconverted 77Ws] - FlyerTalk Forums

I was reading through it as I was trying to figure what planes are used for each route as I was thinking of switching to F, but it's super-hard to find a plane with the 'new' F (with the door). I even booked JFK twice and both times they were older 777-200's, despite a 777-300ER used on the route I booked.

Still perplexed why BA spent time and money refurbing planes with the Club Suite, but left the old 2010 F cabin. Talk about cutting corners.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 9:21 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Call it first world problems
i say I’m loyal to BA but this is an eyesore
its more painful psychologically for those like me who love the brand than for the practical implications, obviously
Just
Just because there are major problems in the world doesn't negate stuff like this. How much does BA charge for this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.