Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

🤔 Needing relationship advice or excuses for taking an upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

🤔 Needing relationship advice or excuses for taking an upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2024, 6:19 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
Plot twist: you find out that your wife bought you the upgrade for you as your nearly-40 year anniversary gift and hasn't told you!
BA or bust, IntVic, Mekko and 4 others like this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 6:58 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by trilinearmipmap
You could claim that you intended to take her along but had to back out at the last minute when you realized she exceeded the 2 x 32 kg baggage allowance
Now there’s a sure-fire way to divorce

Originally Posted by IntVic
Update.... for those concerned about the state of my relationship with Mrs IntVic... we are good (nearly 40 years married and counting- not giving exact anniversary so my son does not cotton on if he reads this thread🕵️)
This thread was made with tongue firmly in cheek... just wanted to be a bit different from the usual is it worth the money?
Spoke to Mrs IntVic yesterday and I agreed with her that the upgrade was not worth purchasing.
But this morning, on checking expertflyer I see that my WT+ seat is now free, and my boarding pass has updated and I'm upgraded into CW... 🥂
Great outcome! Guess this is one of these times where overthinking paid off! Enjoy CW and the £800 saved!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.