Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Seat selection on BA codeshare op by Iberia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2024, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador

I have a BA codeshare booking to Madrid next month, operated by Iberia (as part of a LRH-MAD-LPA itinerary); we originally were on the direct service from LGW-LPA but that was cancelled. This is a BA Holidays itinerary.

I haven’t been able to select a seat on the LHR-MAD sector, the MAD-LPA sector was fine. I can get as far as the MMB interface on the Iberia site but the seat selection on the first leg won’t stick. Interested if others have had a similar issue, is it just wobbly IT on the part of Iberia and/or BA, something else?

I have tried to locate my ticket number but cannot see that anywhere in MMB – I know that is often one of the questions asked when people query seat selection on here! But I’m not sure if that’s because this is a BA Holidays itinerary….

I suppose my question is if this is an obvious red flag which means I should call up, I’m fine otherwise taking a risk on seat selection at check in given it is an A350 in Business.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List & GfL, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
My experience is often that on IB codeshares, with a BA code, it is very temperamental and even when it looks like it has accepted the request, you will get another seat allocated when you check in! Same for Iberia Express too.
BA or bust likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by daftboy
I have a BA codeshare booking to Madrid next month, operated by Iberia (as part of a LRH-MAD-LPA itinerary); we originally were on the direct service from LGW-LPA but that was cancelled. This is a BA Holidays itinerary.

I haven’t been able to select a seat on the LHR-MAD sector, the MAD-LPA sector was fine. I can get as far as the MMB interface on the Iberia site but the seat selection on the first leg won’t stick. Interested if others have had a similar issue, is it just wobbly IT on the part of Iberia and/or BA, something else?

I have tried to locate my ticket number but cannot see that anywhere in MMB – I know that is often one of the questions asked when people query seat selection on here! But I’m not sure if that’s because this is a BA Holidays itinerary….

I suppose my question is if this is an obvious red flag which means I should call up, I’m fine otherwise taking a risk on seat selection at check in given it is an A350 in Business.
I would suggest calling BA and getting the PNR's for BA, once you have them try IB site using the PNR's and try allocating. If that fails call IB with the PNR.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Marriott Ambassador, HH diamond IHG plat
I’ve done this last week. It’s a right faff. Eventually I was able to select seats on IB mainline and express but I had to try umpteen times. It helped that I logged in to my IB+ account. I didn’t have to ring anyone. Just had to use the IB pnr which for some reason is different to the BA one. Never was asked for a ticket number
BA or bust likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 5:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I had a similar issue on the same itinerary, incidentally (or not) booked as part of BAH trip.

I used the Royal Air Maroc site to manage the booking (using the BA PNR) and managed to select seats without issue. Perhaps the same solution will work for you.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Thanks all - I'll have another go on the Iberia site (I can get the Iberia PNR via the seat selection part of BA MMB) - I know these codeshare bookings are quite flaky
Old May 3, 2024, 12:34 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Similar issue, am off to MAD next week and booked with BA. On the LHR-MAD leg it is on BA and all is fine with seat election. On the return leg, I click on the seat selection button in ba.com where it tries to link me across to Iberia and I get repeated,

"We cannot manage this reservation at this time. Please try again later". I must have tried some 10-15 times now, both in ba.com and on the BA App

If I go to Iberia.com and try using my last name and PNR it does let me get to the seat selection page....but it tries to charge me £18 as it hasn't picked up my BA status to be able to get seat selection FOC.

Any workaround for this - or is it a case of me calling BA and asking them to do it manually?
Old May 3, 2024, 2:36 am

Programs: IB+ Oro (OWS) / FB / SQ
MH/RJ/AY seat selection tools have all been reported to work with IB flights. Try sticking the PNR into those tools?
Old May 3, 2024, 2:39 am

I have this issue often, another way of sorting it is contacting Iberia on WhatsApp. If you know already which seats you want and that they are available you can sort it in a few messages.
Old May 3, 2024, 6:48 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by trolleymusic
I have this issue often, another way of sorting it is contacting Iberia on WhatsApp. If you know already which seats you want and that they are available you can sort it in a few messages.
Many thanks, will give that a try.
trolleymusic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.