Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holidays Double Tier Points Promotion | 2024 edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2024, 3:13 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD, Star Alliance, HH Gold
The system appears to be a bit hit and miss.
Our last holiday booking didn't show TP's or Avios until we paid in full. Then miraculously it all appeared.
We have a current BAH with some friends, all of us on the same PNR. Our flights show TP's and avios to be earned but their flights don't show anything.
The only difference between us is we have our passport information kept in our exec account but our friends don't trust the system enough to store their information.
I also went back into the original MMB page but it's exactly the same.
HarryKUK likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 3:21 am

Just nudging a query I had up-thread. Returned from a simple out and back with car hire BAH holiday. Expecting 280 bonus TP points. 140 bonus TP for one flight (presumably the outbound) have posted but not the other.

Is there any recent experience of the remaining bonus TPs coming through automatically or is this definitely going to need chasing?

My son urgently needs bonus TP for status upgrade. Any recent experience of BA assisting before the full 14 working days waiting period in these circumstances?
Old Apr 29, 2024, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BGI Runner
Just nudging a query I had up-thread. Returned from a simple out and back with car hire BAH holiday. Expecting 280 bonus TP points. 140 bonus TP for one flight (presumably the outbound) have posted but not the other.

Is there any recent experience of the remaining bonus TPs coming through automatically or is this definitely going to need chasing?

My son urgently needs bonus TP for status upgrade. Any recent experience of BA assisting before the full 14 working days waiting period in these circumstances?
I'm anxious for this too. I return from my holiday on 18th May and the double points will get me over the line for GGL. My tier year end is 8th June, but I want to use my jokers before they expire, so could be very tight
Old Apr 29, 2024, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by ACES70
whilst it was booked as a holiday it didnt meet the criteria until uou made an amendment so i would say it doesn't count
That is not correct. Its been discussed quiet a lot if you go back through the threads. As long as it is a BAH booking in the first place it is possible to turn a non-qualifying booking into a qualifying booking
tmac100, crazy8534 and Bluekjp like this.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 6:26 am

Apologies if my query has already been answered. For A trip which straddles a membership year (i.e. outbound March 2025, return April 2025) in which year do the double TPs apply? I read in the opening posts of this thread, clause 4 reads:
'Standard Tier Points for the flight elements will be awarded in line with regular awarding timelines after completion of the flight returning to the UK which is part of a Qualifying Booking. The initial transaction will be updated when the additional Tier Points due as a result of this promotion are added to the standard Tier Points, within 14 working days of the return flight which is part of a Qualifying Booking.'
Here, does 'initial transaction' mean outbound flight(s)?
Old Apr 29, 2024, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by TedToToe
Apologies if my query has already been answered. For A trip which straddles a membership year (i.e. outbound March 2025, return April 2025) in which year do the double TPs apply? I read in the opening posts of this thread, clause 4 reads:
'Standard Tier Points for the flight elements will be awarded in line with regular awarding timelines after completion of the flight returning to the UK which is part of a Qualifying Booking. The initial transaction will be updated when the additional Tier Points due as a result of this promotion are added to the standard Tier Points, within 14 working days of the return flight which is part of a Qualifying Booking.'
Here, does 'initial transaction' mean outbound flight(s)?
They apply in exactly the same year as the normal TPs apply. "Initial transaction" means the normal TPs earnt from a flight
TedToToe likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by nigelw
They apply in exactly the same year as the normal TPs apply. "Initial transaction" means the normal TPs earnt from a flight
Many thanks.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by nigelw
is this definitely the case? Reading through the whole thread my understanding was that all bonus TPs are awarded in one transaction dated the date of the first outward flight. However I have just returned from a BAH and so far have only received half expected bonus TPs so maybe I have confused myself and just have to wait some further time for the remaining points re the inbound? Any clarification on this that can be offered would be appreciated.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 9:43 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
is this definitely the case?
Double TPs are 'posted' when they get round to it, that is the date they are awarded. But the 'transaction' date is the date of the first flight element of your trip.
It is the transaction date that determines which of your collection years they will be counted in. This always surprises people to the advantage of some and the dispair of others.

crazy8534 and Bluekjp like this.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 9:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
is this definitely the case? Reading through the whole thread my understanding was that all bonus TPs are awarded in one transaction dated the date of the first outward flight. However I have just returned from a BAH and so far have only received half expected bonus TPs so maybe I have confused myself and just have to wait some further time for the remaining points re the inbound? Any clarification on this that can be offered would be appreciated.
In most circumstances the bonus TPs all post at the same time with a transaction date of the first flight in the booking.
On some occasions outbound and inbound TPs post at different times (perhaps due to the length of the trip?) in which case the transaction date will probably relate to the different outbound or inbound flight dates.
Given the current situation with transition years this may or may not be advantageous to you.
It does seem that those who have the outbound bonus TPs post alone may be more likely to have to chase to get the rest of their bonus TPs.
DeathSlam likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by crazy8534
In most circumstances the bonus TPs all post at the same time with a transaction date of the first flight in the booking.
On some occasions outbound and inbound TPs post at different times (perhaps due to the length of the trip?) in which case the transaction date will probably relate to the different outbound or inbound flight dates.
Given the current situation with transition years this may or may not be advantageous to you.
It does seem that those who have the outbound bonus TPs post alone may be more likely to have to chase to get the rest of their bonus TPs.
Many thanks. Both my flights are in the same TP earning year so I dont mind whether they are posted with a transaction date of either flight as long as they all eventually post. My son needs the missing points urgently for a status upgrade. Any recent experience of whether BA are will to discuss on phone before 14 day waiting period to chase the missing points?
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by DeathSlam
Double TPs are 'posted' when they get round to it, that is the date they are awarded. But the 'transaction' date is the date of the first flight element of your trip.
It is the transaction date that determines which of your collection years they will be counted in. This always surprises people to the advantage of some and the dispair of others.

That is not correct behaviour. The correct behaviour is that the double TP's post on a transaction date on the same date as the normal TPs, i.e the date that the flights were taken. However, like the one above, there have been many reported instances of them posting with various transaction dates, either during or after the trip, and in one go or in several goes. In most cases it doesn't actually make any difference, but BA do seem a lot hotter on getting the dates right when the trip straddles a year end. There is also the caveat that if they are posted with wrong transaction dates BA have refused status renewal on the grounds the TPs were posted with incorrect transaction dates.

Last edited by nigelw; Apr 29, 2024 at 12:02 pm
Old Apr 29, 2024, 11:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Many thanks. Both my flights are in the same TP earning year so I dont mind whether they are posted with a transaction date of either flight as long as they all eventually post. My son needs the missing points urgently for a status upgrade. Any recent experience of whether BA are will to discuss on phone before 14 day waiting period to chase the missing points?
Generally, no, but your son should receive the points back-dated to the previous year (if that's what you mean?) and a retrospective status upgrade (although may need to call to fix).
Perhaps you mean that he needs the upgrade for lounge access or seat selection for a forthcoming flight? In that case I think it is unlikely that they will do anything before 14 days.
At the moment my bonuses are posting the week after the usual TPs post, usually on a Wednesday or a Friday.

Hope that is useful and good luck
Old Apr 29, 2024, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by crazy8534
Generally, no, but your son should receive the points back-dated to the previous year (if that's what you mean?) and a retrospective status upgrade (although may need to call to fix).
Perhaps you mean that he needs the upgrade for lounge access or seat selection for a forthcoming flight? In that case I think it is unlikely that they will do anything before 14 days.
At the moment my bonuses are posting the week after the usual TPs post, usually on a Wednesday or a Friday.

Hope that is useful and good luck
Thanks,. Exactly, its the status benefits needed for my son. Fingers crossed the remaining points come through soon.

Just to clarify are you generally receiving your bonus TPs individually for outbound and return flights or all as one lump sum?
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Just to clarify are you generally receiving your bonus TPs individually for outbound and return flights or all as one lump sum?
This is not very helpful but I have had two qualifying trips that did not span a year end. In both cases the bonus TPs posted as one lump sum, in one case with a transaction date of the first flight and in the other the date of the last flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.