Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Seating Galleries First LHR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2023, 5:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Havent been in the sofa area of the CCR terrace recently but I am pretty sure these are new? No more sleeping there I guess, at least not with your feet on a sofa!

Old Dec 11, 2023, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by DXB2745
The QF lounge in HKG is perfect proof you can have low seating AND charging.

What a shame charging points have seemingly been overlooked.
All of the low 'between chairs' console tables with lamps have USB A and USB C charging points and a wireless charging pad on the top. No mains sockets at all though - if you need those there are some around the ex-champagne bar 'business area' and also in the room where the sleep pods used to be. The work pods next to the windows also don't have any charging points at all which I think is an omission (except the far left one, from which you can use the single mains socket on the wall).
Old Dec 11, 2023, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (GGL, GFL)
Originally Posted by DXB2745
The QF lounge in HKG is perfect proof you can have low seating AND charging.

What a shame charging points have seemingly been overlooked.
Overlooked is a bit charitable, as if they just forgot about the requirement to install power. I very much doubt it. In my opinion they have made a decision not to incur the significant cost of the rewiring etc that would be required in order to bring power to the various areas of the lounge where there currently is none.
Genius1, EuropeanPete and MikeW924 like this.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 6:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Passed through a couple of times in the last week, after a few months of being "grounded".

The new furniture has got it's plusses and minuses, and the biggest minus being the lack of 240V power - I've seen a lot of people playing "hunt the mains socket". But at the same time, this does seem to have helped with the seat hogging, because before now, trying to get a seat in the main body of the lounge that had a mains socket was like rocking horse crap.

I also noticed that the "sofa island" in the middle of the main lounge area, near the Coffee Bar, seems to have built in 240V power near floor level.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 6:42 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by crazy8534
Havent been in the sofa area of the CCR terrace recently but I am pretty sure these are new? No more sleeping there I guess, at least not with your feet on a sofa!

Yes, they have been there a few weeks now. For me they are an improvement as there are now the quiet room / sleep pods available so no more need for one person to take up a whole sofa. Pretty comfy, too.
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Yes, they have been there a few weeks now. For me they are an improvement as there are now the quiet room / sleep pods available so no more need for one person to take up a whole sofa. Pretty comfy, too.
Sleep pods have been enhanced
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 6:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Grateful the phone charger ports actually work again (and there are even wireless charging stations).

Not like me to not see the cloud inside the silver lining - there aren't any outside on the balony still :-(
Old Dec 11, 2023, 7:07 am

Programs: \_(ツ)_/
Originally Posted by TPRun
Grateful the phone charger ports actually work again (and there are even wireless charging stations).

Not like me to not see the cloud inside the silver lining - there aren't any outside on the balony still :-(
I was very unlucky yesterday, as I found probably the only table where the charger ports didn't work 🤣
TPRun likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Can the USB-C ports support fast charging of phones and charging of laptops? The ones in my office can and for some that would eliminate the need for regular mains sockets
Old Dec 11, 2023, 7:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Originally Posted by layz
Can the USB-C ports support fast charging of phones and charging of laptops? The ones in my office can and for some that would eliminate the need for regular mains sockets
My partner's phone got fast charging on the wireless charging pad, and my iPad fast charged on the USB-C - so seems like it might be a "yes".
Old Dec 11, 2023, 9:35 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by layz
Yes, I was getting in excess of 3A from the USB-C charger into my phone. Don't have a USB-PD capable laptop so can't comment on that.

Still, it's poor not to provide a proper plug socket. Surely it wouldn't be impossible to limit the wattage if that's an issue?
Old Dec 11, 2023, 12:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Was in there on Saturday - personally I think it all looks nice but is nowhere near as comfortable as what was there before. It was looking shabby but I preferred it - especially the blue leather style seats that made a fart noise when you sat in them!
Old Dec 11, 2023, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Those armchairs have been in the CCR since at least August.
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 5:44 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I sometimes want somewhere for a bit of a snooze (like right now), but show every single time I go to the quiet area it is exclusively being used by people to conduct loud videoconferences or FaceTime calls.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I sometimes want somewhere for a bit of a snooze (like right now), but show every single time I go to the quiet area it is exclusively being used by people to conduct loud videoconferences or FaceTime calls.
Significant misunderstanding on your behalf, I'm afraid. The "quiet area" means you're supposed to be quiet and in awe of the important people conducting those calls.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.