Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best Business Class Lounge in Atlanta?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2023, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

best Business Class Lounge in Atlanta?

not sure if i am in the correct forum, we will be returning to UK via BA Club World in Jan 24 looking for a nice and quiet (if there is such a thing?) business class lounge we can use with our BA CW ticket
Thanks
Old Dec 6, 2023, 4:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I think BA use The Club@ATL

https://theclubairportlounges.com/pr..._source=google
pana37 likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Thank you for the speedy reply just looked at the reviews.for Club ATL saying if you want peace and quiet you are better off in the terminal lol... oh dear ((( really surprised for such a big airport BA customers only have access to 2 loungs just found this
https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=ATL

Last edited by pana37; Dec 6, 2023 at 4:19 pm
Old Dec 6, 2023, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by pana37
really surprised for such a big airport BA customers only have access to 2 loungs just found this
https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=ATL
Why surprised? Atlanta is predominantly a Skyteam hub with most passengers flying out on Delta or their partners who will be using the DL lounges

BA maintains a single daily flight to London.

They don't have access to DL lounges. Their Oneworld partner AA has their own lounge as you point out but it's in the domestic area of the airport so not easily accessible to you. This is why the Club @ ATL has been selected as BA's lounge. There's not exactly a lot of choice in the matter.

If you want nice and quiet and the Club @ ATL just isn't cutting it, you can always check out and throw some money to the Private Suite
​​​​​

I guess a lot will depend on how important the nice and quiet aspect of the airport experience is to you.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Dec 6, 2023 at 6:18 pm
Old Dec 6, 2023, 7:39 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Their Oneworld partner AA has their own lounge as you point out but it's in the domestic area of the airport so not easily accessible to you.
It's accessible, you just have to ride a train or take a very long underground walk to a different concourse...
Old Dec 6, 2023, 9:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Judging by the OW link you'll have to pick the lounge with the least stale looking trail mix dispenser.
jmail1, IntVic, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 9:23 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by joejones
It's accessible, you just have to ride a train or take a very long underground walk to a different concourse...
I was not aware the international terminal, which is at the opposite end of the airport from domestic, was reachable by train or any other means air side.

In any case The Club@Atlanta is way better than the American Admiral’s Club but reviews are correct, it is rather noisy sometimes.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 9:42 pm

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
From my one and only experience of using the Club before the BA flight earlier this year, it was small, crowded, noisy and anything but relaxing.

Delta rules the roost at ATL. Everyone else has to pick up the dregs.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 10:52 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
I was not aware the international terminal, which is at the opposite end of the airport from domestic, was reachable by train or any other means air side.
Of course it's reachable. Otherwise Delta's hub wouldn't work.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 11:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
There is a separate, slightly better area, of The Club for use by BA (and possibly QR?) passengers which they will show you to when you arrive.
It is just to the left as you go in.

There is some hot food, and there is a bar.
It does tend to be crowded.
BA or bust and pana37 like this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 11:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Tafflyer

In any case The Club@Atlanta is way better than the American Admiral’s Club but reviews are correct, it is rather noisy sometimes.
In the case of ATL, the terminals are really just the check-in and baggage collection areas - the international one housing the various non-domestic carriers along with customs/border etc. for international arrivals. Flights leave from the concourses, which are all connected by the underground tunnel (I’ve not used this) - because just as in the U.K. there are no separate areas because there’s no exit passport control to deal with. If interested you can have a look at the map with the Delta app.

For the OP: when we took BA226 in 2019 the Club was a bit of a zoo. There was a cordoned off area for passengers of BA and a couple of other specified airlines - the rest being pay-to-enter and Priority Pass etc - but it wasn’t noticeably more empty. There was table service, maybe only for drinks? I would say don’t get there early, but iirc the Pre line wasn’t operating in the evening so you might not be able to cut it too fine. Can’t expect a lot more at a competitor’s fortress hub - the days of operating one's own lounge everywhere are long gone.
pana37 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 12:52 am

A couple of things to add

- you often find there is a large queue outside the lounge with a separate person taking names - this is the Priority Pass Queue when they are full arranging call backs. Do your best DYKWIA impression, and head straight into the desk as they reserve capacity for anyone entering based on airline ticket / status. No need to queue in the priority pass queue.

- the lounge is ok, especially if you arrive on the earlier side and get some reasonable seats - there is only ‘snack’ food (think dips, soup etc). If you’re looking to eat dinner before boarding the BA flight, you’ll need to find somewhere in the terminal.

Enjoy Atlanta - I was surprised how much I liked the city (once you got out of downtown).
pana37 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 1:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by crazy8534
There is a separate, slightly better area, of The Club for use by BA (and possibly QR?) passengers which they will show you to when you arrive.
It is just to the left as you go in.

There is some hot food, and there is a bar.
It does tend to be crowded.
Used this lounge in September. The separate area is ok but as mentioned elsewhere you need to arrive early to get a seat. When we were there the service was not great, constantly running out of things but you can also use the offerings in the main lounge. Definitely not quiet/relaxing but OK if you insist on using a lounge. Next time we will probably pay to use a restaurant.
pana37 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 2:08 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by joejones
Of course it's reachable. Otherwise Delta's hub wouldn't work.
Last time I arrived at ATL on BA we cleared customs in the international terminal. Delta passengers were arriving there too. Like us, they were deposited land side to transfer to the domestic side for onward connections. There was such a massive queue fir the ground transportation that they called an Uber. The line for the car rental bus, which also takes you to the domestic side, was a winding structure of 6 rows deep and 30m wide, at least 300 people, so I called an Uber too. The driver told me that business occupies him for 4 hours each evening. Combine that with massive immigration lines, luckily I have GE, a 70 minute wait for baggage, and staff that don’t give a hoot, and ATL is now my most hated airport. LHR, FRA and even CDG are a breeze in comparison.
pana37 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
I flew via ATL few times this year, arriving/departing with BA's First and Flying domestic in Economy with AA, using my OW Sapphire.

Both lounges available to BA flyers are not great, but The Club was particularly bad, I actually believe to have caught food poisoning there, was chaotic, dirty, long queue for drinks, the BA area was ridiculous, the food bad and the whole experience stressing. Using the terminal connecting train to get to the Admiral lounge was easy and quick, and the lounge was always half empty (I am guessing it is not an AA heavy status airport), had passable snacking food, some time a reasonable hot dish but free beverage was quite basic and you even had to pay for sparkling water.

Slightly off topic, but as a point of reference, the Flagship Lounge in Miami has been one of the very best lounge that I have visited for the first time this year, and it is night and day compared to the ATL Admiral lounge (and I am guessing also to other Admiral lounges), I believe with an overall bigger difference between than what you get at HT5 between Galleries Club and Galleries First.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.