Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best Business Class Lounge in Atlanta?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2023, 5:44 am

FYI: The plane train can get you from any ATL terminal to another in a matter of minutes. That’s one thing that works well at ATL.
joejones and pana37 like this.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 5:52 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Last time I arrived at ATL on BA we cleared customs in the international terminal. Delta passengers were arriving there too. Like us, they were deposited land side to transfer to the domestic side for onward connections. There was such a massive queue fir the ground transportation that they called an Uber.
I am pretty sure that this is only necessary if your connecting flight is on a separate ticket with a domestic airline that only has check-in counters in the domestic terminal. Otherwise you can re-clear security right in the international terminal (there is a checkpoint right where you exit customs) and then you have airside access to all concourses. Delta has check-in in both terminals so there is certainly no need to change terminals if flying with them.

Maybe nobody was paying attention to signs and everyone went the wrong way?
IggySD and etiene like this.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 6:37 am
g50

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA LTP, Hyatt Globalist, FB Plat
Originally Posted by joejones
I am pretty sure that this is only necessary if your connecting flight is on a separate ticket with a domestic airline that only has check-in counters in the domestic terminal. Otherwise you can re-clear security right in the international terminal (there is a checkpoint right where you exit customs) and then you have airside access to all concourses. Delta has check-in in both terminals so there is certainly no need to change terminals if flying with them.

Maybe nobody was paying attention to signs and everyone went the wrong way?
That is correct, but he was going from international to rental car. Same is true if you park on domestic side. The buses are ridiculous when they could have added an extra train to the existing line.

The AA club closes around 8pm
Maybe the Centurion club will be open
https://newsouthconstruction.com/pro...turion-lounge/
Old Dec 7, 2023, 6:55 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
the club at the international terminal is not even worth a visit... being based out of ATL. i have been there several times
and each time.. just left and gone to the AA club in the T terminal.
last time , because of the short time we had,.. My wife had a drink which included tonic water,
feel sick shortly thereafter.. I dont trust them to maintain cleaning standards
but that is just my experience
marcopizzaiuolo and pana37 like this.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 7:00 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
As others have said, ATL has a common airside area for both international and domestic flights- E Concourse gets a lot of narrow bodies that will come from the Caribbean and then get promptly used for domestic routes.

For a nice meal, One Flew South in E Concourse is somewhat overrated but still significantly better than an airport Chili’s or TGI Friday.
pana37 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 8:04 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BASon
A couple of things to add

- you often find there is a large queue outside the lounge with a separate person taking names - this is the Priority Pass Queue when they are full arranging call backs. Do your best DYKWIA impression, and head straight into the desk as they reserve capacity for anyone entering based on airline ticket / status. No need to queue in the priority pass queue.

- the lounge is ok, especially if you arrive on the earlier side and get some reasonable seats - there is only ‘snack’ food (think dips, soup etc). If you’re looking to eat dinner before boarding the BA flight, you’ll need to find somewhere in the terminal.

Enjoy Atlanta - I was surprised how much I liked the city (once you got out of downtown).
I Agree, while the selection of hot food is slightly better (imo) compared to the Admirals Club, it's not worth the wait that the PP folks are doing (I made that mistake once).
The AC also closes really early as mentioned, so there isn't really a choice unfortunately.
pana37 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 2:02 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
The Club Lounge in ATL is one of the most disgusting, overcrowded, lounges l have ever visited. It is filled with Priority Pass members who starve themselves for 3 days in anticipation of "free" mediocre snack type food that is gobbled down and remnants left all over chairs and the floor. The surly cleaning staff appears to be intimidated to even enter the war zone., BA leaves at the tail end of this experience where the lounge needs a wash down using a pressure washer.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Oh dear sounds really bad our flight is 22:10 not going to bother with Club ATL what a joke thanks for all your comments
We will have to look at alternatives now
we are in Atlanta for 2 nights
Old Dec 7, 2023, 5:33 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Immediately adjacent to "The Club" is a restaurant/ bar "Ecco" that is a fairly nice bar/ restaurant establishment. I don't know how long it is open at nights. But, it is much nicer than "The Club" and it is located on Concourse F. That is the Concourse BA uses for its flights. ATL airport (non Delta) lounge doldrums aside, Atlanta downtown/ Buckhead has incredibly good restaurants.
pana37 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 5:37 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Phantom1
Immediately adjacent to "The Club" is a restaurant/ bar "Ecco" that is a fairly nice bar/ restaurant establishment. I don't know how long it is open at nights. But, it is much nicer than "The Club" and it is located on Concourse F. That is the Concourse BA uses for its flights. ATL airport (non Delta) lounge doldrums aside, Atlanta downtown/ Buckhead has incredibly good restaurants.
Ecco was awesome before the pandemic. But since then, too many employees who don’t care about doing even a mediocre job, too many times when we were told that more than half the menu was sold out, and too many times we were given food that was burned to the point of being inedible. We gave up on them last year after yet another hopelessly burned pizza being sent to our table.
pana37 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 8:19 pm

Programs: DL DM-2MM, BA Gold, A3 Gold, AF Plat
Amex is building out a Centurion Lounge on Concourse E. It will be the largest of their lounges and will open in 2024.
joejones, 1Aturnleft and pana37 like this.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One Flew South - for an airport restaurant - is very decent.
pana37 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 1:23 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by crazy8534
There is a separate, slightly better area, of The Club for use by BA (and possibly QR?) passengers which they will show you to when you arrive.
It is just to the left as you go in.

There is some hot food, and there is a bar.
It does tend to be crowded.
As per above, but you can also sit anywhere else in the unreserved area (which occasionally can be less crowded). In my experience, the food offering (which is pretty minimal) often runs out on the reserved side and is not serviced. You can just go and help yourself from the main area.

Because the lounge gets crowded, there can be a waiting list for paid-entry, however if you are eligible under BA rules, then just go straight to the welcome desk and show your boarding pass.
ATLCDG, crazy8534 and pana37 like this.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 5:17 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by FabCW
FYI: The plane train can get you from any ATL terminal to another in a matter of minutes. That’s one thing that works well at ATL.
For domestic, but not the international terminal. They are linked airside once you are through security but not all airlines have check-in and security in place in multiple terminals. Once you arrive in ATL international and get your baggage, if you have a boarding pass or find your domestic airline with a desk there you can clear security and transfer air side to your connecting flight. That part is relatively simple, although I didn't see TSA Pre in the international terminal. Getting through customs and waiting for baggage is still the worst of any US airport I have been to, even worse than MCO and MIA on bad days.

Arriving land side out of ATL international is a right pain as you need to be bussed over to the domestic side for all facilities, like car rental. That is quite along bus trip around the perimeter of the huge airport and the transport is often overloaded. My cab fare was $30 to the "on-airport" Rental Car Center because I didn't feel like waiting an hour in line. I know it was an hour since I asked those at the front of the line how long they had been waiting.
pana37 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 5:49 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
OK, I think we are all in agreement that the two check-in areas are not well connected and it is a hassle to get from one landside to the other if you can't go airside. That has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, which is lounge access once airside... and for those purposes you can access all concourses fairly quickly and easily, regardless of which one you're flying out of.
pana37 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.