Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Separate PNRs - OW Privileges

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2023, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Separate PNRs - OW Privileges

Hiya! Flying LHR-ORD in World Traveler on BA. Husband and I are on separate PNRs unfortunately, split up by AA because of SWU’s processed from two separate AA accounts on the way over. I’m AA PPro/OW Emerald, husband is just AA Gold/OW Ruby. Cash fares, booked via AA.
Will he be able to get into the lounge with me?

Separately, my research indicates that as OW Emerald, I should receive 32kg/70lbs weight limit, not the standard allotment of 23kg, though “Manage my booking” says 3x bags at 23kg. Any advice?

Cheers!
Old Nov 24, 2023, 1:13 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by BCasc
Hiya! Flying LHR-ORD in World Traveler on BA. Husband and I are on separate PNRs unfortunately, split up by AA because of SWU’s processed from two separate AA accounts on the way over. I’m AA PPro/OW Emerald, husband is just AA Gold/OW Ruby. Cash fares, booked via AA.
Will he be able to get into the lounge with me?

Separately, my research indicates that as OW Emerald, I should receive 32kg/70lbs weight limit, not the standard allotment of 23kg, though “Manage my booking” says 3x bags at 23kg. Any advice?

Cheers!
Lounge, no problem. Baggage - yes 2x32kg for you, ignore BA, it's just one of many many IT fails...
BCasc and AirbusA350 like this.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 2:09 am
jmd

Programs: BAEC gold
You can also both use the FIRST check in at LHR terminal 5 and the first wing security direct into the lounge (you are entitled to one guest as a OW Emerald).
BCasc likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by ratechaser
Baggage - yes 2x32kg for you, ignore BA, it's just one of many many IT fails...
Appreciate it’s a technical semantic point but this is not actually an IT fail. Your allowance is and remains 23kg. However, BA policy is to waive their standard heavy bag charge in this scenario, which effectively gives you 32kg, but without ever changing your ticketed allowance.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 5:45 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Confus
Appreciate it’s a technical semantic point but this is not actually an IT fail. Your allowance is and remains 23kg. However, BA policy is to waive their standard heavy bag charge in this scenario, which effectively gives you 32kg, but without ever changing your ticketed allowance.
Right... so it's not a bug, it's a feature
Old Nov 24, 2023, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Confus
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Right... so it's not a bug, it's a feature
There's a good reason why your ticketed allowance never shows FFP allowance - because your FFP status may change over time, and hence your allowance would change. Airlines evaluate any additional allowance you might be entitled to on the day of flying at check in.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 7:58 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Airlines evaluate any additional allowance you might be entitled to on the day of flying at check in.
Indeed. My most recent CE booking said I could take 3 bags, but on the day I suspect I will only be allowed 2 since I am currently gold but will be a temporarily embarrassed silver member at the time (a lot of travel ended up so late this year that I didn't regain gold at the end of my status year, and it'll take a couple more trips to get there).

Not a problem in this case, since there are limits to how much even I am willing to buy and carry home from a German Christmas market.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.