Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Two Factor Authentication (2FA) added to Executive Club login

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two Factor Authentication (2FA) added to Executive Club login

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2024, 8:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
So is the only way to get the passcode through SMS? That's not going to work for me as unlike my banks etc. there is no option for a second number in the BAEC profile. Canadian cellphone rates are among the highest in the world so I never travel anywhere outside of Canada using my Canadian sim, I use my UK sim but again since Canadian rates are so ridiculous my UK provider's free roaming applies to almost every country in the world but not Canada. This means if BA is only going to send SMS to my Canadian number I'll have to use the Canadian sim which will mean a minimum charge of $15 just to log in to BAEC. Is there no email option? I suppose I could change my contact number to the UK one every time I'm just about to leave Canada
to quote the email above:

”This extra layer of security helps protect your account with a choice of quick and easy extra methods to verify your identity,”
Old Mar 18, 2024, 8:58 am

Programs: BA Pyrite
Or even better would be an authenticator app from Microsoft, Google, etc
Works for Discord, Steam and similar services so is it too much to hope that BA would have that as an option? (Answer: Probably)
MaxFlyer, EuropeanPete and golfmad like this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 8:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
If it’s like most other multi factor authentication platforms it will allow SMS, email or a third party authentication app which generates codes.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:02 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
to quote the email above:

”This extra layer of security helps protect your account with a choice of quick and easy extra methods to verify your identity,”
The message I got from BA only indicated making sure that my mobile number details were updated. Nothing about my email details that is why I assumed that it would only be sent by SMS. Still do not understand why when banks, credit card companies etc. give you the option of putting an international number to be contacted when travelling that an airline wouldn't.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:05 am

BA’s MFA has my old phone number and there’s no way to change it, despite my BAEC account having my new phone number.

Clowns.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:06 am

The message I got from BA only indicated making sure that my mobile number details were updated. Nothing about my email details that is why I assumed that it would only be sent by SMS. Still do not understand why when banks, credit card companies etc. give you the option of putting an international number to be contacted when travelling that an airline wouldn't.
Maybe you got a different email to the one everyone else did and which appears in the OP. I’m really not sure.

But to your point (again), BA states clearly in the email in the OP that there will be a choice of authentication methods. My bank and CC only allows me to register one number. I’m not sure why and don’t really care.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:25 am

Well as long as there is an email option then everything is fine as far as I'm concerned.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Gold; ex JAL JGCP
Has anyone managed to login for searching awards in app?
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I checked my personal details and my USA mobile number shows as registered in Canada. Changing it to USA has no effect. Now, admittedly, the country code is +1 for both so it shouldn't have any impact - but knowing BA.....
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Zzzap
Or even better would be an authenticator app from Microsoft, Google, etc
Works for Discord, Steam and similar services so is it too much to hope that BA would have that as an option? (Answer: Probably)
Not sure if a password manager (e.g. 1Password) strictly counts as an authenticator app, but it is how I am doing 2FA with BA (and anyone else who supports non-SMS based 2FA) and it has worked fine.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:06 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
My biggest issue with this is the death of Award Wallet as an automatic watchdog for seat changes and Avios balance...
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Receiving the email suggests that your email address is ok!
Old Mar 18, 2024, 12:03 pm

I’m trying to log in to my account at BAEC but I keep getting an error message saying “we are experiencing high demand”
Old Mar 18, 2024, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Receiving the email suggests that your email address is ok!
Well of course but it's amazing how many companies/sites will ask you to update your email details every now and then by email (legit requests not phishing scams)
Old Mar 19, 2024, 4:59 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Has anyone successfully set up 2FA now on ba.com? There were some posts a few weeks ago (can't find the thread) that folks were having trouble doing this, mainly because the e-mail or SMS with the code was taking so long to arrive that it was already expired by the time it did arrive

At the moment I have resisted setting up 2FA on my laptop and continued to access BA using the I-phone App only - curiously only the web version of ba.com is requesting 2FA to be set-up, not the phone App version

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.