Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Two Factor Authentication (2FA) added to Executive Club login

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2023, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

I just linked my uber and BA accounts, and BA asked me to set up 2FA in the process. The options are SMS or One-Time-Password (OTP) via an app. Is that new? It is quite a substantial security improvement, but I am sure it will be annoying if I have to use it frequently. BA never keeps me logged in on browsers.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 4:14 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Oooer! Another level of IT complexity added to something that often falls over. Does not bode well, however good the intentions.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA or bust
Oooer! Another level of IT complexity added to something that often falls over. Does not bode well, however good the intentions.
Another thing that will break, on top of all the other things that are broken or don’t work correctly.
strowger and leelapa like this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 4:36 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
I assumed this was already in place given it usually takes me at least two attempts to log in successfully...

Although, I guess that would actually be called "2FU authentication"

Last edited by ratechaser; Nov 4, 2023 at 6:26 am
Old Nov 4, 2023, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
About time too. Although I’m sure the implementation will be ‘difficult’
Kgmm77 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
I would much prefer they fix listing of upcoming bookings, a relatively easy bit of programming that has been broken for months.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 5:38 am

Tired of this stuff. But not as tired as I am of BA’s ridiculous data protection questions.
SxMan and leelapa like this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 6:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Another thing that will break, on top of all the other things that are broken or don’t work correctly.
Absolutely, today I tried to re-link my ba account with QR and entered my account nr, pw and then got an sms with a code. The next page was an api error. 🙃

Globalist
Old Nov 6, 2023, 5:40 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
Whilst I don’t have an issue with 2FA as I have it with other websites accounts, I do have a third party authorisation to speak on my behalf. I am deaf so I struggle to hear/understand what is being said on the phone. On my BA account page, it has the ********* for the code for the 3rd party (my husband!) to speak but I cannot for the life of me remember what the password was! No ‘eye’ emoji to reveal what it is! Or a reminder for what the word is. They do like to make things difficult at times!
Old Nov 6, 2023, 5:59 am

Sounds great, until you try to access your BAEC account via the in-flight WiFi.
ijgordon, adrianlondon and SxMan like this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 6:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite
Look to the positive, by adding 2FA it prevents us finding out the IT is broken.

So, I guess from BA's side this has been added not to increase security but to reduce the number of complaints!
ATLCDG and Pigeon49 like this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Typical BA IT - did the 2FA setup when I linked my Qatar account - and saved it.

Logged in shortly afterwards and no request for the 2FA. So cleared cookies, and used a private window (redundant after clearing, but why not) and tried logging in again - still no request for 2FA

Looked at the password settings and NO sign of any 2FA setup, or ability to setup.

It only seems to show up when trying to link, no sign of 2FA when doing a regular login!!
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 9:42 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by linz36
I just linked my uber and BA accounts, and BA asked me to set up 2FA in the process. The options are SMS or One-Time-Password (OTP) via an app. Is that new? It is quite a substantial security improvement, but I am sure it will be annoying if I have to use it frequently. BA never keeps me logged in on browsers.
Since the app has a tendency to fail I rather think that this could end in tears. Please can I ask the OP - what will you gain by linking the two? I do not live in the UK and Uber does not exist where I live.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Please can I ask the OP - what will you gain by linking the two? I do not live in the UK and Uber does not exist where I live.
Originally Posted by Rob
BA emailed a lot of people on Thursday with details of a very generous Uber offer.
You will earn 500 bonus Avios for every UK (and only UK) Uber trip you take in November, up to a maximum of 4,000 Avios. This is on top of your base Avios of 1 Avios per £1 spent
https://www.headforpoints.com/2023/1...ber-promotion/
Old Nov 6, 2023, 9:54 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
That was the bit that I was missing. Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.